Logic Pro 8 Logic crashes and I have a session tomorrow!

Andre Favreau

Logician
Oh No!!!

Logic crashes everytime I open it and I have a recording session tomorrow! It used to be fine... I threw a logic preference file in the garbage but it still crashes when I open it.

It may be somewhat related to the Spectrasonics Trilogy Wrapper for Intel. I think I'm suppose to close it before I close Logic but I forgot again.

What can I do? Thanks for your urgent help!

Andre Favreau

Try to open Logic from the Finder. Just after you have double clicked the Logic icon, press Control. You'll soon get a question about launching the audio drivers; choose not to.
What happens then?

Upvote 0
take trilogy out of your plugins .. in fact take all third party plugins out.. will it launch then? add them back in until one comes up as a culprit.

Upvote 0
I know this is going to sound random, but check your Audio MIDI Setup in the OS X Utilities folder. I've had strange behavior where the current configuration gets corrupted for some reason. Try creating a new configuration set and rescanning your MIDI devices. It may solve things. I just had a problem like this recently with Pro Tools that took me a while to isolate.

Upvote 0
I've taken Trilogy out of my plugins - it worked fine with a new song but caused problems as the song got more complex.

Do you have any decent substitutes?

peter

Upvote 0
Autoload after all

Wow! Thanks for the advice. It all makes so much sense. My problem was my autoload for some reason. So that is fix now.

the Triolgy wrapper for Intel is often also a problem. Can't wait to get Trilian and get rid of trilogy.

Deleting one plugin after another is also a good procedure.

Also, when I migrated from from my PowerBook to my MacBook Pro (Intel), I made sure not to transfer my applications and other stuff. I only th=ransfered mu user account, but even this I now feel was too much. My permissions seems problematic!!!

Anyway!

Thanks again!

André

Upvote 0
Back