Logic Pro X Logic does not create take folders and erases previous audio recordings even with take folders enabled

Fipah

Hi! I am pretty new to Logic and I was not able to find an answer online, so here's my issue:

Here is a short Imgur video of the issue.

There are two problems:

1. For some reason, with my third audio recording, Logic did not create a third take, but a new audio region instead. The region is named "super balance" in the project - it is partially hidden behind the first take folder. Why did this happen? My second recording was saved as a take within the first folder, no probs, but the third recording received a separate region? Can I join them as takes somehow?
  2. As you can see in the video, when I now want to record another take of the third "super balance" region, it gets deleted! Why is that? I want to retain it and just record again. I have take folders enabled in the settings, so I have no idea why this happened :(
Thank you in advance for any advice! It is super appreciated as Logic can be overwhelming for a newcomer.

Computer Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 (first gen), Focusrite Scarlett studio condenser mic
Logic version: 10.4.8

fuzzfilth

Logician
The fact that it's named super balance and not Vocals Lead #23 hints that it was not recorded where it sits and thus it's not part of the Take Folder which then proceeds to rightfully record over it. Also, your Take Folder is not the length of neither three nor two Regions it contains, which looks suspicious.

If you want it to actually be part of the Take Folder, you should be able to just drop it in, like this:

take.gif

Either that or Unpack the Take Folder, then Pack all Regions into a Take Folder.

While I do see that you're on Catalina, it feels like a cop-out to blame it to cause this bug. But then, it just might...

Last edited:

Fipah

Thanks so much! It did not work that way, by dragging :( But one person helped me at Reddit and like you said, I unpacked and re-packed it all. IDK what to do to prevent this though.