Logic Pro X Logic input problem

I have made up a template of 5 trombones, guitar, piano, bass and drums. It's been awhile since I used Logic but when I attempted to record the first track it would record but I couldn't hear the piano inputting the sound. All the other racks worked fine, just not the first track. I checked everything I knew to check but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I'm sure I'm not to first to notice the trombone sounds are really TERRIBLE, especially in the lower register. Can to tell me how and where to go to tweak these sounds and make them a bit more mellow?

What's the difference between the notation and standard options when choosing a sound with the Garritan sounds?

How can I access the new “Complete Sound Library”?

Thanks MUCH!!

Tom Senff

What trombone sounds are you using? The default sounds in the Library tab are pretty honky in the lower register unless you play with lower velocity.

What trombone sounds are you using? The default sounds in the Library tab are pretty honky in the lower register unless you play with lower velocity.
Hey Sonny, thanks for the reply! I'm using the Garritan trombone sounds, and, as you say, they are pretty honky...... I'm not able to play them softly enough not to sound terrible in the lower register....... the higher register sounds aren't all that great either...... I'm a trombone player and it's hard to settle for those awful sounds!

I downloaded the “new sounds”in the new Logic update but can't find them..... are there any sounds there that are better?

Thanks again!

tom

Hmm. I was referring to the trombone sounds in the Logic update (can't remember which update it was, but in the last year) which sound overblown unless you play with medium to low velocity. They should be in the Brass submenu in the Orchestral group in the Library. (Click the thing that looks like a file box in the upper left corner of the screen for the Library, and drag it wider if you can't see the submenus after clicking on Orchestral)

Hmm. I was referring to the trombone sounds in the Logic update (can't remember which update it was, but in the last year) which sound overblown unless you play with medium to low velocity. They should be in the Brass submenu in the Orchestral group in the Library. (Click the thing that looks like a file box in the upper left corner of the screen for the Library, and drag it wider if you can't see the submenus after clicking on Orchestral)
Thanks, Sonny...... I have done this but I don't seem to be able to play quietly enough to get a good sound in the lower registers.

tom

Trombone (& any wind instruments) sound a LOT better if you use a breath controller. I map it to the volume & filter cutoff and balance the two so it sounds natural.

Claude