Logic Pro 9 Logic/Massive question

ThresherMaw

Logician
Hello everyone, this is probably a very simple fix, but it seems that when massive is open, my midi keyboard only plays through massive; no matter what new software instruments I've selected through logic. Help?

OK, if you read the F.A.Q. you would know that we require a few things to help:
Computer, version of OS, version of Logic.

I'm going to assume you are new on Logic.

1) You say that massive is the only plug-in you can playback.

Q) have you actually made a new instrument track and added a different plug-in on it, or did you just duplicate the same track?

Q) Did you change the patch in massive to verify that you are in fact playing the exact same track?

Logic will make a completely new instrument track when you use the "Create new track" function. It will be blank (no plug-in instantiated) and you will have to add one in order for you to hear anything. If it isn't working like this, you are most likely duplicating the same track (not creating a new track with the duplicate plug-in in it that can have a second sound... that is why I am asking the questions I am).

PLEASE take a few minute to read the "Frequently Asked Questions" BEFORE you make a post, and also, RTFM BEFORE you start asking questions that can be answers if one simply TOOK THE TIME TO READ THE LOGIC STARTER BOOKLET "Exploring Logic Pro"! It only takes a while to go through, and will answer 99% of the stupid questions you are likely to ask if you don't read it ;-)

Upvote 0
I appreciate it. I figured I would get the typical forum-nazi response. I searched for it, but didn't see it anywhere. So the best option was to make a new topic and to have an quick response, even if it is laced with sarcasm or ridicule.

Upvote 0
Nazi? Sound like a true neoconservative/fox viewer to me.

Anyways, did you bother to read the document I mentioned? It is the simplest way for people to "get" how to use Logic. It is clear, and very straightforward and I'm pretty sure if you had read it you wouldn't have asked the dang question.

Now, all that said, and with you "oh so clever" answer, you never did bother to answer the questions I asked.

PLEASE take a few minutes to answer the questions, I'm happy to help, even after you called me a nazi.

Upvote 0
I subscribe to Groove 3 for Logic tutorials. When I don't see specifically what I'm looking for there, Google, or YouTube, I defer to experienced Logic users (such as yourself) to provide the solution. Honestly though, thanks for the response.

And I do not watch Fox News. :-D

Upvote 0
Dude, answer the freaking questions:

1) You say that massive is the only plug-in you can playback.

Q) have you actually made a new instrument track and added a different plug-in on it, or did you just duplicate the same track?

Q) Did you change the patch in massive to verify that you are in fact playing the exact same track?

Logic will make a completely new instrument track when you use the "Create new track" function. It will be blank (no plug-in instantiated) and you will have to add one in order for you to hear anything. If it isn't working like this, you are most likely duplicating the same track (not creating a new track with the duplicate plug-in in it that can have a second sound... that is why I am asking the questions I am)

Upvote 0
FTR, George is not a nazi.I considerhim a friend. And this is from someone who is of the persuation that nazi's dont't like. Unless you are doing some complex environment routing, Logic always routes Midi through the currently selected track instrument. So, make sure you do really have a new independent track selected.

Upvote 0
I did not mean that in a literal sense, and did not mean to insult anyone. It's just frustrating to have your questions called stupid for not being able to find the answer. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Mr ThresherMaw,

would you please be so kind to upload the file in question. Just save the Logic Pro session, and compress it. Since the answers don't help, I might be able to figure it out there.

As for my past sarcasm, I answer hundreds of questions, and have for the past 20 years or so Logic has been around. We have had a rash of newbies, many who haven't taken the time to read any documentation, ask questions.

It gets a bit frustrating.

I guarantee you that if you take the time to read the very short document I suggested, that it is the best starter I can think of.

All that said, if you select a new instrument track, you can not play another at the same time, so your issue seems likely due to some kind of misconfiguration, I suspect done in the clicks and ports area. the only way I can be sure is to look, hence the request for the file in question.

So, here we go again, hopefully on a better fitting, ok.

Upvote 0
Problem solved. It seemed that when Massive was opened prior to Logic, it would only play through Massive, regardless of what Logic plug-ins were selected. I understand your frustration. I tend not to read base manuals due to the tedious nature of it, resulting in a slew of video tuts and YouTube displays. I apologize if we got off on the wrong foot. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Back