Logic Pro 9 Logic Not Seeing Input 3 (etc.)

jcshirke

Logician
Okay, this is a total newbie question, but I can't figure out the answer, so I'm seeking your help.

So far, in my basic dealings with Logic, I've only used inputs 1 and 2 of my audio interface, a MOTU 828 MK II. Inputs 1 and 2 are front panel mic/guitar inputs. I've just been micing guitar amps, so I've had my mics plugged into either inputs 1 or 2, and sometimes both. In Logic ,I simply select the appropriate input for whatever track I'm recording, and off I go.

However, I just added a nice mic preamp to my setup, and my mics now plug directly into it. They go out from the mic pre to the MOTU analog inputs 3 and 4. So, now I'm trying to select input 3 (or 4) in Logic on a track where I'm micing a guitar amp. I have signal on the VU monitors of my mic pre. I also see signal on analog input 3 (or 4) on my MOTU. But I see no signal at all on Logic's track meter, and I definitely have "input 3" (or 4) selected from the channel strip.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? It seems like I've tried everything, but I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Yeah, I use the 828 mk ll as well and hate that confusing offset. Try naming your inputs in Logic's I/O labels window. I find it helps.

Upvote 0
Back