Logic Pro 8 Logic plugins and virtual instruments

Pands

Logician
Hi,

I'm in a bit of a quandary here.

I'm still running Logic 6.3.2 in OS X Tiger. (A bit behind the curve, I know). Back then you could purchase the separate license to make the software instruments fully functional, but now, with Emagic gone, this is n ot possible anymore. I talked to Apple, but they don't support this old option anymore. So I'm stuck.

There IS an upgrade path to the new Logic Studio, but it apparently only runs on an Intel machine. I'm still working away on my old trusty G4, so I'm st ill stuck. And buying a whole new computer and all the other stuff that comes with it is currently not an option.

Question:
Do you think it would be unethical to ask if a kind soul on the LUG forum could send me their old authorization codes for those ol d "demo" plugins, if they still have those, or maybe even the code for the 6.4.3 Updater (the first "Pro" version, which from then on had all the plugins included)?

As I say, I'm a bit stuck for lack of the upgrade path that Emagic offered back then, and I'm not sure if I'm out of line asking for that kind of help here. But any assistance would help me greatly.

Sincerely,
Petero

Do you think it would be unethical to ask if a kind soul on the LUG forum could send me their old authorization codes for those ol d "demo" plugins, if they still have those, or maybe even the code for the 6.4.3 Updater (the first "Pro" version, which from then on had all the plugins included)?

Not only would it be unethical, it would not work. These codes can only be used once. As soon as they have been used to activate an XSKey, they will no longer be valid.

You may however still be in luck. Logic Pro 9 is universal binary, so it should be possible to install it on a G5.

kind regards

Mark

PS - I removed the double post in the legacy section.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Mark, for your response. I was afraid my clutching at straws was gonna be a sketchy proposition. As far as Logic Pro 9, on my G4 - as I say, the Apple tech I spoke to was of the opinion that it had to run on an Intel G5. Well, maybe something to reinvestigate.

Best regards,
Peter

Upvote 0
As far as Logic Pro 9, on my G4

HI Peter

Sorry I overlooked that you are running a G4. I kind of doubt that Logic 9 will run on it.

- as I say, the Apple tech I spoke to was of the opinion that it had to run on an Intel G5. Well, maybe something to reinvestigate

Just for the sake of clarity, there is no such thing as an "Intel G5". The G5s were the last series of Computers Apple built with PPC Processors between 2003 and 2006, before they started switching to Intel equipped models starting in that year.

What you could do is try to find Logic Pro 7 second hand - it won't be fantastic, but it should definitely run on your G4. Logic 8 might as well, if it is a dual processor model, but you would in all likelihood find it to be very slow.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back