Logic Pro (X) Logic Pro 10.4.8 released

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
Logic Pro 10.4.8 is out:

Logic Pro X 10.4 release notes

Important: This release requires Mac OS 10.13.6 or newer.

As always, it makes sense to create a backup of the version of Logic you are using before updating.

kind regards

Mark

Last edited:
When I choose the instrument, in the side panel, it shows faded, blurry and will not 'brighten up' or the AU open up when I double click on 'instrument any ideas why? thanks for reading. A screenshot is attached. Notice that the instrument for track 8 is faded. thank you for reading

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.09.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.09.04 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 463
Logic Pro 10.4.8 is out:

Logic Pro X 10.4 release notes

Important: This release requires Mac OS 10.13.6 or newer.

As always, it makes sense to create a backup of the version of Logic you are using before updating.

kind regards

Mark
Is this 10.4.8 update free for those who already own Logic Pro X? All I find is the $199 version on at the Apple Store. I own 10.13.1. Can I update from that to 10.4.8? Please advise.

Thanx in advance!
Bambi

P.S. I ugraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 and now my Logic Pro X 10.13.1 keeps unexpected quitting.

10.4.8 is free to anyone who owns a Logic Pro X licence. There is no such Logic Version as 10.13.1 - care to look at that again? Do you perhaps have Logic Pro 10.3.1? If so, and if it is correctly installed, in the applications folder, and has not been renamed, you should see 10.4.8 available as an upgrade in the Apple Store

Hei - Yes, excuse me. I have 10.3.1 which I bought through the Apple Store March 13, 2016; I downloaded the software I purchased but a serial number was not provided. I bought it new, it was correctly installed & has not been renamed in my system, BUT I do not see it as a free upgrade in the Apple Store. Please let me know how to find the free update to software I own.

The only place to find logic is the app store. If you are not seeing the upgrade there, you may need to contact Apple directly.

kind regards

Mark

Glad to hear you sorted it out. Care to let us know what the issue was - in case someone else has a similar experience?

kind regards

Mark

I got to thinking that if I needed to prove my purchase of Logic Pro X in order to get the free upgrade, I needed to look up my purchase - so I did this in the Apple Store. Next to Logic Pro X it showed "UPDATE." So - I did. I thought it would reload 10.3.1 - but it loaded 10.4.8. I'd already saved my current version in case of a catasophe (which I've had in the past with many Apple updates). I regret that I never got any nudge that there were updates to Logic Pro X like I do with other programs. Ah, well... Live & Learn. I haven't used the latest version yet but hope it will meld seamlessly with the projects I'm working on. Best, Bambi

Back