Logic Pro 8 Logic Pro 8 black bar appears

Hi everyone. Really need some advice.
I use Logic Pro8. I have an iMac from 2008. Recently I hade to upgrade my OS so that I can support Steven Slate Drums 4. I went up to OS 10.11 and when I went to test everything out, I realized upon playback that as the locator bar moved to the right, a black bar spread behind it from the top to the bottom of the whole window. It seems to be causing some strange locator makers as well. Could it be that I went to far up on the OS? I’m sure hoping it’s something I can solve in my settings. Any help is greatly appreciated. LogicX is unfortunately not an option due to my old hardware.
Thanx, Mark

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
I strongly suspect that the problem is indeed that Logic 8 is not going to run properly in OS 10.11. When Logic 8 was released, I think OS 10.4 or 10.5 was current. Perhaps contacting Slate to find out which is the oldest Mac OS version you can use with their product is a first step to finding out if there is any OS version which can accomodate your needs.

kind regards

Mark

Hi everyone. Really need some advice.
I use Logic Pro8. I have an iMac from 2008. Recently I hade to upgrade my OS so that I can support Steven Slate Drums 4. I went up to OS 10.11 and when I went to test everything out, I realized upon playback that as the locator bar moved to the right, a black bar spread behind it from the top to the bottom of the whole window. It seems to be causing some strange locator makers as well. Could it be that I went to far up on the OS? I’m sure hoping it’s something I can solve in my settings. Any help is greatly appreciated. LogicX is unfortunately not an option due to my old hardware.
Thanx, Mark
I can confirm that LP8 on an old MBP with OSX 10.4.11 there's no black bar. On my iMac with OSX 10.11.6 there's a black
bar following the playhead as described above:( very annoying.
Btw, I don't use Steven Slate Drums.

Best
Ab

Last edited:
Thanx guys. I’ve heard that OS10.8 will work and that it has nothing to do with Steven Slate. Which by the way is awesome! Anyhow, I think it’s time to visit apple and have 10.8 put on so I can see. I’d do it myself but the old hardware won’t allow it. Any other advice from other users also would be much welcomed.

Ouch!! That looks like a graphic glitch for sure. I don't believe it is a setting. You can experiment with different display options in OSX preferences and see if you can alter the behavior. Also try messing with Spaces ( turn it off) etc. Sorry don't have a good answer given the age of the release.

Don't worry, I'm on LPX on a mac pro. It's just when the OP mentioned it that I found the same behaviour
on my 2008 iMac where Logic 8 is still installed. Probably an incompatibility issue with OS X.11 as Marc said.

Ab