Logic Pro X Logic Pro 9 file converted to Logic Pro X - won't bounce

BambiWolf

Logician
Hei, hei - I'm puzzled. I converted a complete project I recorded in Logic Pro 9 to Logic Pro X and tried to bounce 3 tracks from the converted file to an mp3, and it shows it has bounced and shows up in my bounce folder, but it won't play - it's an invalid file, a fake mp3. At the end of the bounce it never says that it is converting to an mp3, just that it is normalizing. When I bounce anything I've originally created in Logic Pro X, no problem, and it does show at the end of the bounce that it is converting to an mp3. Does anyone have an answer to problem solve this issue? I experimented and copied one track from this file into a new projecct and it bounced. But these three tracks are complex and I don't want to recreate them with all the plug-ins and such. Only automation carries over to the new project. Thanx for any ideas. Bambi

Ab van Goor

Logician
Hei, hei - I'm puzzled. I converted a complete project I recorded in Logic Pro 9 to Logic Pro X and tried to bounce 3 tracks from the converted file to an mp3, and it shows it has bounced and shows up in my bounce folder, but it won't play - it's an invalid file, a fake mp3. At the end of the bounce it never says that it is converting to an mp3, just that it is normalizing. When I bounce anything I've originally created in Logic Pro X, no problem, and it does show at the end of the bounce that it is converting to an mp3. Does anyone have an answer to problem solve this issue? I experimented and copied one track from this file into a new projecct and it bounced. But these three tracks are complex and I don't want to recreate them with all the plug-ins and such. Only automation carries over to the new project. Thanx for any ideas. Bambi
Did you try to first export those 3 tracks to new audio files and then bounce the project to mp3? Since these tracks are complex there might be
issues regarding plug-ins or compatibility between Logic 9 and X.

BambiWolf

Logician
Thank you for your reply. I was copying & pasting my tracks into a new file. I will try your suggestion of using Export instead & let you know how it goes. Best, Bambi

BambiWolf

Logician
Yay! Yay! I'm so excited; it worked. I was only doing this for one of my students who wants to learn my lead on a song I recorded/produced in 2015. I'm a multi-instrumentalist, so I've only played this lead while I was recording. When I play out - I have to deal with piano, acoustic guitar, & vocals. Not elecctric lead. So it's hard to teach someone your lead(s) when you never played them after you created & record them! Had to figure out the correct export then import (never used these before). It exported the 3 tracks as one track as an .aif file, which I then imported into a Logic project, then converted to an mp3 with no problem. Thank you so much! You'd think I'd know more after 5 years of recording with 11 nominations under my belt & 3 awards. :rolleyes: ha!

Ab van Goor

Logician
Yay! Yay! I'm so excited; it worked. I was only doing this for one of my students who wants to learn my lead on a song I recorded/produced in 2015. I'm a multi-instrumentalist, so I've only played this lead while I was recording. When I play out - I have to deal with piano, acoustic guitar, & vocals. Not elecctric lead. So it's hard to teach someone your lead(s) when you never played them after you created & record them! Had to figure out the correct export then import (never used these before). It exported the 3 tracks as one track as an .aif file, which I then imported into a Logic project, then converted to an mp3 with no problem. Thank you so much! You'd think I'd know more after 5 years of recording with 11 nominations under my belt & 3 awards. :rolleyes: ha!
Glad to hear it worked. Good luck with the recordings of your new album