Logic Pro 9 Logic Pro 9 with Digidesign 002….anyone?

Russ FAR

Logician
I am an avid Logic Pro user and I just picked up an 002 from a friend SUPER cheap (couldn't resist). My question is has anyone used this setup besides me? I downloaded the core audio so I do not have to use pro tools. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I am new to the forum. thanks!

Update kno 1 cares

Just an update, even though no one replied lol. This forum gets a lot of views but not a lot of posts it seems.
Anyway, the 002 works GREAt with logic 9. I have been doing 4 tracks live recording with dynamic micas and at least 10 software tracks running. I haven't switched into low latency mode or anything yet. The toll on the CPU seems to best at 48 sample rate which seems odd to me but I am still getting into it. I did not install PT at all just the core audio drivers from digidesign (AVID). They were free and they are up to version 8. I have read bad things and issues but it was always version7 on logic 8.
So I just wanted to put that out there for anyone interested.

Upvote 0
Just an update, even though no one replied lol. This forum gets a lot of views but not a lot of posts it seems.
Anyway, the 002 works GREAt with logic 9. I have been doing 4 tracks live recording with dynamic micas and at least 10 software tracks running. I haven't switched into low latency mode or anything yet. The toll on the CPU seems to best at 48 sample rate which seems odd to me but I am still getting into it. I did not install PT at all just the core audio drivers from digidesign (AVID). They were free and they are up to version 8. I have read bad things and issues but it was always version7 on logic 8.
So I just wanted to put that out there for anyone interested.

Yea, it works great and you can even use more devices if you add them via ADAT, we had 16 io running on a 003 with Logic Studio 9. I'm only assuming you can do the same with the 002.

Upvote 0
I got my Logic 9 to work with my Digi 002 rack with no problems. In fact, I have to use it as the newer version of Protools LE that will work on OS10.6.8 will NOT talk to the Digi 002 rack. Go figure.

Upvote 0
need help tracking

I just got Logic Pro 9 and I'm having trouble figuring out how to track out through my Digi 002. Suggestions?

Upvote 0
Trying to revive post- Having trouble with digi 002r and logix x - firewire 1394 light comes on for a minute and shuts off - it will link for a minute but then the 1394 light turns off- the avid core audio says hardware connected - not streaming? any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
Back