Logic Pro Certification

Apple loops

Congratulations!

Orren

One great thing I learned and must have missed before- you can customize your Apple loops window:

a) you can drag any of the labels around, switching them and ordering them the way they most make sense to you...

b) You don't have to look at all of the labels... you can only show the labels that you want- if you control click the label you can also rename any label, then resize the window to only show the ones you use most often, which is great for seeing the maximum loops.

Good tips for people who have large Apple loop collections, or make a lot of their own loops!

I suppose the potential is there to increase job opportunities. I work for an Apple Pro Audio and Video Value Added Reseller, and it was a requirement of my job. Since I use Logic extensively in my own productions it was a really good experience for me, and I'm considering further certifications. The main way that it may help me on my job is that it will give me a 'framework' of sorts to explain Logic to new end users, and possibly offer an introductory 'training' - could make me more valuable to my customers I hope !

Congrats on your test !

I'll chime in on some stuff.

I was a Logic and Pro Tools trainer.

Will the certifications get you a job? Probably not. Unless you need them to be a trainer. :)

The Logic (and Pro Tools) certifications are awesome in that they give you a very good overall view of what the programs can do.

You are often tested on things such as what is in what menu, what this or that preference does, things like that.

Again, these courses really seem to be geared at helping you to help yourself and to help others to utilize the program. In that regard, these courses are great.

Hope this helps. Hope it's useful.

Do you buy them and keep them to use at a later date or is it somthing you pay for use and once your done give all the books and DVDs back. would be good if you could keep coming back to them.

I've jumped in at the deep end bought a mac and logic express 9 and going to see where i end up lol

Logic Certification training materials...

The books are a purchase, my job bought them for me and we kept them. I actually keep the book in my office and have referred to it since the test- so it is a useful reference material. I imagine next year (I have to re-certify every year) I'll have to invest in the Logic 9 manual...

I suppose the potential is there to increase job opportunities.I work for an Apple Pro Audio and Video Value Added Reseller,and it was a requirement of my job.Since I use Logic extensively in my own productions it was a really good experience for me, and I'm considering further certifications.Thanks.

It seems to be a very good book by the reviews I read.
Does anyone have some link to download it? If not, I guess I'll have to buy it anyway.
Would be good to have free access to that information.
Thanks.

You have to buy the book. I don't think there is anyone here who will help you 'steal' the book either, if that's what you suggest. When you purchase the book, Peach Pit gives you something like 30 days where you can read it online, which is very convenient. But the legitimate way to get access to this information is to buy the book. It's worth it.

Does anyone have some link to download it?

No, and if anyone were to attempt anything like that, they would be running the risk of getting kicked off this forum

Would be good to have free access to that information.

Oh, I'm sure the guy who spent months researching and writing that book, along with years learning to master Logic, would be just thrilled to read how you feel about rewarding him for going to all that hard work so you could just steal it.

Please spend some time reading the rules of this forum. You agreed to them when you signed up. In particular Rule 8.

I got it folks despite I don't see any problem in sharing pdf files. My opinion!!! I'll buy the book anyway and thanks for the recommendation. Very helpful!

I done mine then Logic 9 come out waste of money! would like to do them again but not until finished my degree so I can have the 'up to date' certifications when looking for work.

Certification Lag

There seems to be a slight 'lag' between the time the new software comes out and certification materials and tests being updated... I think this is probably just par for the course : (

I am going to be updating my certification this summer though...

Me, I'm all about learning new stuff, not so much taking exams (less than effective method at University - but I had fun...). I still found the book very useful.

That was the best part of the experience for me as well, typically I'll 'skip over' places in a tutorial that I do not find interesting or applicable to what I am doing with software, but having to take the test made me focus on many aspects of Logic that I underestimated, like Apple Loops. The Apple Loop System is so much more useful than I originally thought...

I agree. The lots to be said for forcing yourself to sit through the whole thing, almost especially the parts you'd skip if you were only to pick what seemed immediately applicable to how you normally work. Not only do you pick up some good tips, you almost always stumble across one or two things you'd completely missed (or had just ignored) before and when you start looking at them closer, outside the scope of the book, that makes your work better, easier, etc.

From this point of view, I found this particular book to be one of the better of its kind.

Back