Logic Pro X Logic Pro X Studio Strings Vibrato

Fognozzle

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting any vibrato at all on my violins, violas and cellos in Studio Strings. I have set them up for vibrato controlled by Expression, and when I open piano roll view and show my CC controllers, it doesn't matter what setting, there is no vibrato.

I saw on one youtube video that Studio Strings Vibrato is broken. I also saw on another youtube video that some people have a vibrato entry in the articulation box. Mine doesn't.

Some people don't appear to have any trouble with it, so I suspect that there is a setting that I don't know about.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Foggy

CSeye

Logician
Hello,

The vibrato is very subtle, perhaps too subtle to be useful, but it does work.
Vibrato Controller set to to either CC1 or 11 here works for realtime play or when recording CC after the fact.

Since this is designed to be activated by CC, Vibrato doesn't appear in my list of articulations.

Fognozzle

Hi,

Thanks for that. The problem I have is that I can get CC11 to control vibrato in real time play very well in a test project, but when I try exactly the same setup in a real project, the vibrato doesn't work . There is some difference that is not obvious, and I can't find it.

Foggy

CSeye

Logician
Hello,

If you solo the real project, does the vibrato sound as it did in the test project, or it's clearly not working?

If it works in a test project but not in real project-A, what if you load Studio Strings in real project-B? Does it work? The point of this is to determine if there is something corrupt in real project-A.