Logic Pro (X) Logic Pro X - The very first Manual is available

I just released my new manual for Logic
"Logic Pro X - How it Works"

LPX1-Cover.png

http://DingDingMusic.com/DingDing/LPX1.html

This is not only the first manual available for LPX, it is the most comprehensive one. On 359 letter size, full color pages, I explain the app in great detail with additional background information that is often required to fully understand specific features. Many of the information in my book regarding the functionality of Logic Pro X is found neither in the official documentation nor anywhere else.

If you have read any of my other books in my "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" series, then you are familiar with my uniques style of writing manuals. If not, then check out some of the screenshots of the book on my website and you will understand that this is not just a quick guide that promises you to teach Logic by clicking here and there. I spend a lot of time and effort in writing my graphically enhanced manuals by creating diagrams, graphics and models to explain and demonstrate even complex features and concepts in applications, especially in Logic. This way the beginner and the experienced user alike will learn how to master this amazing app with ease and and fun.

I hope you guys like it.

Edgar, as far as I can see, the score edit part is not one of the main focuses of your book.
Do you have plans to expand this chapter, and is the maybe a German version in the future?

The Score Editor will be a big part in the second book "Logic Pro X - The Details".

The German version is in the planning but it might take quite a while.

Upvote 0
I noticed the price on the DingDingMusic site is different from the price on the iBooks section of the Apple Store. Is the book the same regardless of the source?

Upvote 0
The content is the same (for the pdf, iBook and printed book).

The iBook has an additional interactive 500 term glossary that is linked throughout the content of the book. The glossary is also "graphically enhanced" with diagrams and has links to other related terms and references to all the sections in the book it is mentioned.

Besides that, preparing the iBooks version is an additional time consuming process because it requires to reformat virtually every graphic in the book. But I think it is worth it.
Download a free sample from the iBooks Store to get an idea. Although you can read the iBooks now also on the Mac using the iBooks app, it just looks amazing on a Retina iPad

Upvote 0
Thanks Edgar. I did get the iBooks sample. it had a link to your site where I saw what looked like the same book for less. That clears up the mystery.

Upvote 0
Back