Logic Pro (X) Logic Pro X - v10.2 available now

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logic-pro-x/id634148309?mt=12

LPX10_2.png

There is no other software that has been my companion for so long in my musical life, thank you Gerhard Lengeling and the Apple Team, clearly again a model of excellence in the DAW market, may apple follow the same track for their other products !

Upvote 0
I wonder if you can still import Cameleon 5000 presets into Alchemy?

This should work. There is a legacy Content category in the Alchemy sound library. If you have your alchemy library installed correctly, the presets should be listed there.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
This should work. There is a legacy Content category in the Alchemy sound library. If you have your alchemy library installed correctly, the presets should be listed there.
I have Chameleon and the "old" Alchemy, both installed in default locations, but I have no "Legacy" content in the new Alchemy.

Any clues as to where and how....?

Upvote 0
I found the answer:
In the keyword browser, select Sound Library in one of the last two column headers. In there, you can select to display Legacy presets.

Upvote 0
There is no other software that has been my companion for so long in my musical life, thank you Gerhard Lengeling and the Apple Team, clearly again a model of excellence in the DAW market, may apple follow the same track for their other products !

Here here! Logic has been my faithful companion for over twenty two years now. And like a good marriage, the passion is still there; on both sides

Upvote 0
Is there a way to download the update and then apply it to more than one Mac, rather than downloading it multiple times? I looked for a download link like those we get with OS X updates, but didn't find one.

Upvote 0
The download procedure with Apple stuff is usually a multi-step process:

1. It downloads the installer file(s), i.e. pkg file
  2. Once the download is completed, then it uses the pkg file and starts the installation
  3. You might be prompted for admin passwords in some cases
  4. After successfully completed the installation, the installer file will be deleted

You have to be on the lookout where the pkg file is downloaded, somewhere buried deep in hidden directories (/private/var/folders/) and copy it to a different locations. You can use then those installer files to run the installation manually (on a different machine or the same machine again after a fresh installation)

Upvote 0
On Apple communities, it says root/library/Updates. But there is no systematic means of capturing it. You just have to watch for it, as you said.

Upvote 0
The Logic manual in iBooks is still the one issued last January. Has anyone seen an updated manual that covers the additional features?

Upvote 0
The Logic manual in iBooks is still the one issued last January. Has anyone seen an updated manual that covers the additional features?
I just checked and iBooks gave me updates for the Logic Pro X User Guide, Instruments and also Effects. Alchemy is included.

Are you logged in with a US account? I seem to recall that international accounts were slow to update previously.
You could always use the local Help or go here:
http://help.apple.com/logicpro-instruments/mac/10.2/

Upvote 0
Thanks Colin. I was probably on the Canadian site. I'll check again.

Later: yes the updates just showed up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I keep the the specific folder located within the area Edgar indicates in the How It Works book in my Finder side bar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back