Logic Pro (X) Logic Pro X - v10.2 available now

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logic-pro-x/id634148309?mt=12

LPX10_2.png

I always thought of the track header icons as a bit "Fisher Price", and never used them, but with custom icons back, it occurred to me to use images of the actual things I'm recording, my guitars, bass, specific Mics, etc. It does make things considerably easier to find in a quick scan, and takes the place of track notes in some cases.

Now I'd like to be able to put in more than one image. E.g. record a Taylor through a AT 4033, and put both images on the track.

Upvote 0
I need to update 15 computers at a school I work at with the 10.2 update. I'd love to capture the package and save all the download time - I didn't know this was possible! Is there a consensus on a specific folder?

Upvote 0
Moderators - After I posted my question on the download file location, I realized there are multiple subjects in this thread. Please consider moving 14,15,16, 20 and 22 to a new thread (and delete this...)

Upvote 0
I kept an eye on both of them, and never saw it. There were some plist files that took on the current date, but that's it. Maybe they're hidden.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the update on my laptop and the files are inside the path that Edgar describes. Inside that path I have a folder labeled "tm". Everything was inside that.

However, for my needs, it's really the content that is the time killer, which I've not yet downloaded. I'll try moving over Alchemy files and see if it just downloads additional loops later today.

Upvote 0
With previous versions of LPX, installation with captured content installers was manageable compared to a downloaded for each computer clean install.

The vast number of installers for Alchemy now makes this process impractical.

Upvote 0
After updating content for Alchemy it now says it is refreshing library and won't exit from this. The search function no longer works. There is a preset menu that I can load some of the new downloads from but the browser function no longer works.

Upvote 0
BTW, I did try to move the full batch of Alchemy content to my laptop via a thumb drive (form my tower). Logic didn't recognize it, so I gave up and downloaded it from Apple. Probably a work-around, faster for me to just let the computer do its thing and me work on something else than try to figure it out. I f anyone has any ideas on this, let me know.

Upvote 0
Edgar, thank you for the update, I downloaded it from the iBooks site, and it's great that you take care of your customers and readers this way. I also bought LPX "The Details" on iBooks today. Just a quick look at the contents of the chapters tells me it's going to be an informative read. Two thumbs up!

Upvote 0
The download procedure with Apple stuff is usually a multi-step process:

1. It downloads the installer file(s), i.e. pkg file
  2. Once the download is completed, then it uses the pkg file and starts the installation
  3. You might be prompted for admin passwords in some cases
  4. After successfully completed the installation, the installer file will be deleted

You have to be on the lookout where the pkg file is downloaded, somewhere buried deep in hidden directories (/private/var/folders/) and copy it to a different locations. You can use then those installer files to run the installation manually (on a different machine or the same machine again after a fresh installation)

All Apple Store applications do #1, #2 and #4.
In the case of Logic Pro X, #3 only happens when the basic/additional content is being loaded. The reason it asks for the password is because it's not coming from the Apple App Store and it wants to put stuff in the system area.

Upvote 0
On Apple communities, it says root/library/Updates. But there is no systematic means of capturing it. You just have to watch for it, as you said.
Here's how to grab any Apple App Store application.
And for Logic Pro X content, the same thing can be done as well.
From Logic 10.0.7 to 10.2 I have grabbed all the pkg installers.
In fact, when I created this video the other day, I noticed that Logic released more new content for Logic.
One thing to realize as well, the version number follows the application, not the content. So Logic can add more content but the version will still stay at 10.2 until they've made a change to the application.
That's why it's best not to just copy the Logic content to other folders but to grab the pkg installers and create links prior to running the pkg installers.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Upvote 0
Thanks ValliSoftware. It looks pretty detailed but I'm such a wimp in Terminal I'm not sure I'm comfortable with such. Something I'll have to man up to someday, I'm sure....

Upvote 0
Thanks ValliSoftware. It looks pretty detailed but I'm such a wimp in Terminal I'm not sure I'm comfortable with such. Something I'll have to man up to someday, I'm sure....
Actually, the Logic installer for both the app and content is for 99.99% of the users out there.

If people want to fall in that .01%, they'll need to do some homework.
While the video does show what needs to be done, I noticed that I got one thumbs down on that video. Really? even though I show what you need to do, I got a thumbs down.

The reason I've captured all the PKG installers is, I format my mac from time to time, so I don't want to wait for any download.

Now I don't have too. Of course, on 10.2 with the Alchemy stuff there's 295 individual PKG installers, it would take a while running each by hand, that's why I create a .command file to "for in" and run each PKG installer. What's great about the .command file is I see each PKG installer run. So I don't have to wonder if it got stuck anywhere.

Upvote 0
OK - I don't even see how to give a thumbs up o down on this site. Anyway, from my perspective your level of expertise is appreciated, just not comfortable walking down the Terminal path other that a few basic things.

Upvote 0
OK - I don't even see how to give a thumbs up o down on this site.
Opps, I meant that someone thumbs down on my YouTube channel regarding that video.

Anyway, from my perspective your level of expertise is appreciated, just not comfortable walking down the Terminal path other that a few basic things.
99.99% of the people don't and to be honest don't have to.
I just do it because I do reformat my hard drive and I don't want to go thru a download process for everything Logic.

Upvote 0
Ah - now that I l know that I'll go there to give a thumbs down ; )

And confirming I'll stick to the 99.99% crowd until I can educate myself a bit more in Terminal.

Upvote 0
Back