Logic Pro X Logic Pro X weird performance behavior, degrading while using

Markino

It happens very often lately with Logic Pro X 10.4.7 MacOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro 15 "Late 2018, Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, when I work on a medium-sized project (20 audio tracks and some Instrument tracks ) as time goes by the performance degrades up to a System Overload.
This happens when I open an instrument track and try to change the various presets, after a while the system becomes incredibly unstable until it gets overloaded, if I then save the project (with the same preset chosen that was causing problems) when I open again, all work perfectly.
This is really annoying!

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like it could be caused by a "memory leak" - RAM is getting used up and not being freed as it should. Quitting and relaunching logic would be one way to solve this. This could indeed be caused by a 3rd party instrument plugin - care to provide some more details about the project in which this is happening?

kind regards

Mark

Markino

The instrument was Massive X, now I do other tests and maybe open a discussion on the Native Instruments forum. I have 32 MB of RAM and only Logic was open, this should not happen.