Logic Pro 9 Logic Sessions with Older NI Kontakt

ccbass

Logician
I've tried opening a Logic song file created using (Kontakt Vers 2) I now run Kontakt Version 4.
The song comes up with Kontakt Crossed out... Logic can't locate Kontakt Vers 2.

When I replace the Version 2 plugin with Kontakt Vers 4, there is no record of what sounds where being used from the Version 2 Library.

I still have the Libraries which can be loaded into vers 4. I just have no way of determining which one was originally used.

Does anyone have a workaround or suggestion for finding out what samples/patch I would have used?

Logic 9.1.6, Komplete 7.:brkwl:

There doesn't appear to be a way... this has become a pretty major issue with others as well.

That said, you can have different versions of contact going at once, so try and install the old Kontakt player, then make a note of what the patch is, and reload with the current version.

it's always a good idea to print VI's to recall old sessions. I suggest bouncing a new track beside the midi data, and then you will always have a reference and a way to load old material.

Upvote 0
+1 for what George said above.

In future projects, you could also make notes for each plugin, listing what the preset is. Even naming the track or regions the same as the preset is a good insurance policy.

The problem with any software or plugin is that there will always be a day when it becomes incompatible in some way and you won't be able to load a sound or recall a preset. The safest and most "future-proof" way is to create an audio file - one hopes that common formats will be readable for some time to come.

Upvote 0
I'm glad this was posted, because although I don't use Kontakt much, I have upgraded to 5 (the free player) due to having just installed Lion and I have a few old projects started with 2 or 3. Luckily I still have a Snow Leopard boor backup, so I can go back, load those projects and take a note of the settings, maybe take some screenshots.

It's also a good idea to save any multis into the actual Logic project folder.

Upvote 0
I've tried opening a Logic song file created using (Kontakt Vers 2) I now run Kontakt Version 4.
The song comes up with Kontakt Crossed out... Logic can't locate Kontakt Vers 2.
Load the Standalone version of your Kontakt 2 and then start "Activity Monitor" in the Utilities folder in Applications.

Locate Kontakt 2 in the "Process Name" column then see what it says in the "Kind" column.
If it says "PPC", that's why you can't load it, it has to say "Intel".

Upvote 0
Back