Logic Pro X Logic X and Mavericks

Colin Shapiro

Logician
Well, Apple just announced that Mavericks (OS 10.9) is available today...for free!

Which brave users will be first to test out Logic X?

campbell2002

Logician
I got a correction email from Ilok today. They now officially support Mavericks. I haven't heard back from East West but none of my Complete Composer 2 instruments are properly licensed anymore and when I try to relicense the Authorization Wizard says the code is already in use. So Mavericks did something weird.

Upvote 0

campbell2002

Logician
Ilok and East West Play instruments DO WORK on Mavericks! Despite what the error message was saying my instruments did not become unlicensed, all that was required was uninstalling and reinstalling Play. And as I said above, despite what ilok said yesterday, they do officially support Mavericks today.

So Mavericks and I are good now.

Upvote 0
It's working fine on my laptop. I haven't put it on my main studio mac because Avid is advising not to. PT doesn't support yet. I just got everything more or less working (Logic X still flaky with the Avid Core Audio Manager but launching it first seems to solve this) so I'm not looking to rock the boat yet.

Still, you gotta be careful. I tried downloading pages and Maveriks started to automatically download too. Now it's permanently paused.

Upvote 0

vanhaze

Logician
For what's it worth:

Running LPX 10.0.4 very happily on Mavericks here.
(Mavericks CLEAN installed, no import from Migration Asssistant).

Running on Macbook late 2011, 8 gig ram, Crucial M4 SSD as my system drive.
Though not have done very big projects in LPX yet..
32 Lives (for running 32bit AU's) is running great in LPX.

LPX Rocks INHO !!

Upvote 0

gdoubleyou

Logician
Did you try to run a 32-bit plug-in in Logic 9.1.8? I'm wondering if the 32 bit AU bridge is stable under 10.9 (at least not more unstable than before ;-))
Not yet - just did some very simple testing i.e. opening and playing a few projects.

You guys are braver than me, with the bridge.

Currently Logic 9 has the role of opening older projects, so I keep it in 32bit mode.

If need be I can bounce the track if I don't have an instrument available in 64bit.

Then open the project in LPX.

:cool:

Upvote 0