Logic Pro (X) Logic X and Mavericks

Colin Shapiro

Logician
Well, Apple just announced that Mavericks (OS 10.9) is available today...for free!

Which brave users will be first to test out Logic X?

It's still VERY early days...

I've read that Mavericks seems to cause some system-wide slowdowns which is not good news. I never upgrade until a .1 update at the very least.

Upvote 0
I installed it on my machine. No issues so far with Logic Pro X, latest version.

And I'm crazy enough to be working on a project with it. I've had no slowdowns, in fact, some plugins are working more efficiently.

Upvote 0
In the advertisement they boast about new core technologies that deliver breakthrough power efficiency and responsiveness! Could that be the end of the CPU overloads problem and poor resource management that plagued Logic so far?
If so, that would make it even harder not to jump in already!

Upvote 0
Logic Pro X seems more CPU efficient under Mavericks!

At first, I thought it was my imagination but it is running like butter. I wonder if the new "Compressed Memory" feature is doing this or if there has been improvement in hyper threading?

On my website in the Listen page, there is a piece called "Diabolique". It is using a bunch of Hollywood stuff on my slave PC in VE Pro and Kontakt stuff in VE Pro on my Ma as well as more Play and EXS24 stuff in Logic Pro X itself..

In the past when I opened it, it would take a couple of play thoughs to settle in and even then I would occasionally at the biggest section get a system overload message. Not a lot, but occasionally. Now, first play through and subsequent replays, perfect!

As you can probably tell, I am pretty excited.

Upvote 0
Installed, only had problems loading some components. Had to reinstall Analog Lab but thats an Arturia thing. Haven't recorded yet but everything loads.

Upvote 0
Soon I will receive my new Macbook Pro that comes pre-installed with Mavericks, so good to hear that Logic X is running smoothly there.

In my studio I didn't upgrade yet to Mavericks as I also run Logic 9 there still for these few 32-bit plug-ins (Sylenth1...). Anyone tried Logic Pro 9 with Mavericks?

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the reports thus far. I'd also like to know if anyone has run Logic 7 in Mavericks. I keep a copy for opening older projects , so it's essential for me (and for many others I'm sure).

Upvote 0
In my studio I didn't upgrade yet to Mavericks as I also run Logic 9 there still for these few 32-bit plug-ins (Sylenth1...). Anyone tried Logic Pro 9 with Mavericks?

There's an app called 32 Lives which converts 32 bit plugins to 64 bit. I've been using it for a while now and it works perfectly with LPX and Mountain Lion for all my 32 bit plugins. Haven't upgraded to Mavericks yet, if anyone else out there is using 32 Lives with LPX on Mavericks I'd be interested in how its working.

Upvote 0
Seems OK here so far- Mavericks installed fine- the first launch of Logic X caused a rescan of all 812 components I have installed (Audio units) - which took an ungodly 2 hours - but Logic seems pretty snappy- haven't thoroughly tested all my plugs or all of my peripherals yet.

Upvote 0
Seems OK here so far- Mavericks installed fine- the first launch of Logic X caused a rescan of all 812 components I have installed (Audio units) - which took an ungodly 2 hours - but Logic seems pretty snappy- haven't thoroughly tested all my plugs or all of my peripherals yet.
Holy sh%]! 812 components!?!? Are those all AU plugins? :eeek:

Upvote 0
Installation was not without it's problems,it got stuck with 1 minute to go,and stayed there.

After 5 minutes i disconnected the power and re connected it,reboot went ok,but no hard drive icon on the desktop,it was there before i upgraded.

All plugins were scanned as usual and Logic appears to be running fine,only problem is that i lost all my saved Logic songs i was working on,oh well i will do them again,hopefully better than before.

So,Logic is OK.

Alan

Upvote 0
Lol 812 comps

Holy sh%]! 812 components!?!? Are those all AU plugins? :eeek:

I just tested recording blues track with the built in gtr effects and drums.
Looks like I won't using BFD or NI GTR again. I've only got 41 components. Plugin envy. :D

Upvote 0
They are mainly Native Instruments (Komplete and Maschine) and Waves Mercury Native (400 components by itself.) I also use a Novation Impulse Controller and their 'Automap' software 'wraps' the plug-ins. So there are all these versions of all of these plug ins. I have a few other random plugs, Phosychon by D12, and a few others. I probably should clean a lot of these up- I regularly use less than 50 plug-ins- and I really love a lot of the built-in ones in Logic X - like Retro Synth!
Fortunately it only scanned all of these once : )

Upvote 0
They are mainly Native Instruments (Komplete and Maschine) and Waves Mercury Native (400 components by itself.) I also use a Novation Impulse Controller and their 'Automap' software 'wraps' the plug-ins. So there are all these versions of all of these plug ins. I have a few other random plugs, Phosychon by D12, and a few others. I probably should clean a lot of these up- I regularly use less than 50 plug-ins- and I really love a lot of the built-in ones in Logic X - like Retro Synth!
Fortunately it only scanned all of these once : )

atleast until you update:brkwl:

Upvote 0
I'm in the middle of minor projects so I took the chance.No problems here but a friend of mine upgraded and learnt the hard way that there´s a problem with EastWests Play if you use it heavily which many people do (including him).
On the bright side EastWest has very daringly promised to fix it next week :)

Upvote 0
Back