Logic Pro (X) Logic X and Superior 2 Latency Issue

HKC

Logician
Hi
This may be old news and not a X issue but has anybody else noticed how Superior 2 is slightly behind the beat.
I don't use it much on anything but demos because my studio tends to be booked by bands with drummers but on this particular project we use Superior 2 and the Allaire package.
We recorded a bass track which sounded great and tight but I noticed that it was behind the beat visually. At first I just thought that I was because the song was kind of heavy but it was a little more than I have seen before so I did a track-in-place bounce of the midi file to get to see it as an audio file. To my surprise it was delayed with 15ms which is quite serious to my ears.
Of course knowing this it's not a big deal to just delay the track by that but if you don't know and try to get midi to groove you will get into trouble with a beat some 30 ticks behind in tempo 120.

BTW I did the bounce both with and without the Logic latency compensation (all 3 of them) but it didn't make any difference.

After having closed Logic down and reopened it the issue has gone. That's not so great unless it was a one-of.
Not being able to trust the compensation is a big deal so look out. I know I will.

Upvote 0
Back