Logic Pro (X) Logic X is not recording the signal

edurbrow

Logician
I am getting a good signal on the channel fader, I can see and hear it, but it just records a line. I have the right input channel selected, the R button engaged. I've got the punch in starting from the beginning. I tried with Autopunch off too. I closed Logic X and restarted it. The audio interface looks right, I'm getting signal there. I just recorded another track through the same interface using a different input earlier.
I cannot see where I am making a mistake, but I must be missing something.

Not sure what your recording problem is, but it looks like it's time to start posting in the Logic X forum instead of here. One question before you go: Does the meter still bounce when you're in record, or does it stop as soon as record is engaged? (I think that would indicate some kind of routing problem where the signal goes through until you hit Rec, but I don't know anything about Logic X)

Upvote 0
Why do I not end up on the Logic X forum? Not sure. The problem, and it took me another day to figure this out was: I added an audio track. I opened the Library and chose a patch. That patch switched it to a midi software instrument track! Who would have thunk it?!!

Upvote 0
Back