Logic Pro (X) LogicX FREE Channel Switcher scripter preset by AUDIOGROCERY

Tangra

Logician
LogicX FREE Channel Switcher scripter preset by AUDIOGROCERY
Audiogrocery is excited to announce the new A.G Midi Channel Switcher which is royalty free. The A.G Midi Channel Switcher is a new ultimate midi processing script/preset designed for the LogicX scripter plugin. You can use this plugin preset to switch easily the incoming midi channel into any other channel to be able to change the instrument patch, articulation etc via Key Switches or Program Change messages. The A.G Channel Switcher is designed to be used with any multitimbral Software Instruments such as Spectrasonics Omnisphere, NI Kontakt, Steinberg Halion Sonic etc, or with multitimbral hardware midi devices via the Logic External Instrument software plugin.

Key Features

Smooth channel/patch change. You can hold down a few notes and switch to another midi channel via Key Switch (KS) or Program Change (PC) without any interruption. After the switching, the new notes will be performed by the new patch while the old "held" notes will play the old patch until you release them. The method guarantees no hanging note events!
Non-note events "Pass Thru". The midi channel of the all other midi events such as Control Change, Pitch Bend etc is transformed into new channel so you can control the new patch accordingly.
Midi Channel Key Switching. You can assign a custom Key Switching range using Min/Max Note assigners UI parameters.
Midi Channel Program Change Switching.

The A.G Midi Channel Switcher comes with Mac Installer for easy install and use in any LogicX project. The tool comes with a detailed User Guide documentation PDF included in the pack.

PS. Audiogrocery is going to release a bunch of FREE Pro Environments & Scripter plugins for Logic, as well as NI Kontakt Extra scripts. Stay in tune...
Regards,

Ivan Kovachev

Ivan ... WONDERFUL and USEFUL tool.
Thank you sir.
Looking forward to your future developments.

Any thoughts on a Script to capture MIDI FX data such as Arpeggiations, Chords .... and have it available for a track?

Upvote 0
There's no need for a script in order to capture and print the output of Logic's new MIDI FX. Create a new IAC device in the Audio MIDI Setup in in the Mac OS. You only have to do this once, and it will always be available to you. Once it's created and enabled there, here's what you need to do:

1. On your original track that contains all the MIDI processing, switch the instrument to the External Instrument. Set the MIDI destination within this plug-in to the IAC Port that you previously created.

2. Create a new track in the Tracks Area that contains the instrument you want the processed region to play back on.

3. Select this newly created track and hit record. It will capture everything arriving at the IAC bus automatically. The processed MIDI data being sent from the original solo'd track will now be recorded onto this new track.

That's it!

Upvote 0
Thank you Eli .
I tried this previously from another forum thread .... but I never got it too work.
Some people have the hardest time putting ideas to words with clarity.

Again .... you nailed it. It worked on my first try. So simple.

BTW: I've recommended your tuts to many more LPX users since our last thread discussion.
By far ... the best and quite enjoyable to watch. You have a finely honed skill.

~Cameron

Upvote 0
Hey Cameron,

Thanks so much!!

Ivan -sorry to have hijacked your thread:)

Eli Krantzberg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Thank you Eli .
I tried this previously from another forum thread .... but I never got it too work.
Some people have the hardest time putting ideas to words with clarity.

Again .... you nailed it. It worked on my first try. So simple.

BTW: I've recommended your tuts to many more LPX users since our last thread discussion.
By far ... the best and quite enjoyable to watch. You have a finely honed skill.

~Cameron

I believe this is what you want: http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=99276

Upvote 0
There's no need for a script in order to capture and print the output of Logic's new MIDI FX. Create a new IAC device in the Audio MIDI Setup in in the Mac OS. You only have to do this once, and it will always be available to you. Once it's created and enabled there, here's what you need to do:

1. On your original track that contains all the MIDI processing, switch the instrument to the External Instrument. Set the MIDI destination within this plug-in to the IAC Port that you previously created.

2. Create a new track in the Tracks Area that contains the instrument you want the processed region to play back on.

3. Select this newly created track and hit record. It will capture everything arriving at the IAC bus automatically. The processed MIDI data being sent from the original solo'd track will now be recorded onto this new track.

That's it!

I can't get this to work, I am using a software instrument Xils 4 which is generating a sequence on top of what notes are on the track.. There is no way to switch this to an external instrument without losing the XILS... I see no way to switch the output of a soft synth to an iac buss.. I must be missing something..

Can you explain again... Thanx

Upvote 0
There is no way to switch this to an external instrument without losing the XILS... I see no way to switch the output of a soft synth to an iac buss.. I must be missing something..
You are talking about routing a Software Instrument to IAC, while we are talking about routing MIDI FX plugin to IAC. In our scenario the Software Instrument is the "Externa Instrument".
However a few Software Instruments on the market offer special internal MIDI outputs to IAC or they create a Virtual Port in the Logic Physical Input.
I'm not familiar if XILS offers such feature. If not, that means no way or may be some workaround...

Upvote 0

That's it!

I can't get this to work, I am using a software instrument Xils 4 which is generating a sequence on top of what notes are on the track.. There is no way to switch this to an external instrument without losing the XILS... I see no way to switch the output of a soft synth to an iac buss.. I must be missing something..

Can you explain again... Thanx

If the XILS is itself generating a sequence, it probably won't work. The idea here is to capture and print the MIDI data being generated by Logic's MIDI FX Plug-Ins.

In step number two, create the new software instrument track with the instrument you want. The idea is that you are recording the MIDI processing that is happening on the External Instrument track, so that it is permanent. The "printed" region then plays back on this software instrument track with the instrument you want.

But like I said, it won't work if it is something generated by the actual instrument itself.

Upvote 0
Eli, at the risk of further hijacks: I've tried this IAC approach and it does work as you report in Logic, and it also works in DP, so I guess it must be working as a CoreMIDI function for any DAW. But it seems counter intuitive to me. It seems like your using a MIDI output as a MIDI input -- like the DAW is recording a MIDI output rather than an input. Useful, but is this really something you'd want in general? What am I missing about the signal flow?

Upvote 0
True, it's far from ideal. I only presented it as a means to an ends - a way of printing the processing of Logic's MIDI FX.

Upvote 0
Back