Logic Pro 9 looping selections

hsdrecording

Logician
so, i just got into a logic system. have been using strictily pro tools for years. i think i have most of the basics figured out except looping just certain sections. for instance, im mixing the hook, i just want it to loop continuously till im done. how do i make this happen? thanks
rob

Hi Rob,

It sounds like what you want to do is create a Cycle. To do this:

1) Set the left locator at the beginning of the section you want to loop
2) Set the right locator at the end of the section you want to loop
3) Click the "Cycle" button on the Transport (looks like two arrows circling around each other).

You'll know you're successful if the area of the bar ruler in between the two locators turns green.

Once you have created your Cycle, when you hit Play, it will play endlessly between the Cycle markers, and when you hit Record, it will record endlessly between the Cycle markers. You can Toggle the Cycle by clicking the Cycle button on the Transport.

There are also loop commands (default: L) for individual regions/tracks, but it sounds like you want to loop a whole section of the song.

Hope that helps!
Orren

Upvote 0
If you want to loop one part while the rest of the parts run along the usual time line: Select the region (or folder) to be looped (for the rest of the song) and press "L" (for "loop").

Upvote 0
Hi Rob,

It sounds like what you want to do is create a Cycle. To do this:

1) Set the left locator at the beginning of the section you want to loop
2) Set the right locator at the end of the section you want to loop
3) Click the "Cycle" button on the Transport (looks like two arrows circling around each other).

You'll know you're successful if the area of the bar ruler in between the two locators turns green.

Once you have created your Cycle, when you hit Play, it will play endlessly between the Cycle markers, and when you hit Record, it will record endlessly between the Cycle markers. You can Toggle the Cycle by clicking the Cycle button on the Transport.

There are also loop commands (default: L) for individual regions/tracks, but it sounds like you want to loop a whole section of the song.

Hope that helps!
Orren

Re: Cycling, also check out your options when you control (right-) click on the Cycle button on the Toolbar. You can choose to have Cycle Locators automatically set by Region and/or Note and/or Marquee Selections, or you can disable this (with Key Command or mouse) and simply use the "set Locators" button or key command - a very common Logic workflow.

Upvote 0
Back