Logic Pro 9 loud pop at the end of my bounces

masque

Logician
hello everyone......new to the forum and new to Logic but not to recording. I have done a search and reviewed almost fifteen pages of threads in the hopes of finding an answer to my question.....if I have overlooked it I apologize! any help you fine folks could offer would be greatly appreciated.

when I am finished with a song and I burn the song down to CD to listen to in my car I notice a loud audible pop at the end of the track. Im not sure what is causing it but it happens regardless of what song it is.....I dont think I have noticed the pop when I listen to the song inside Itunes or from within my computer.

it only happens after I burned the song to a CD. any suggestions or ideas?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question......I am using Superior Drummer and have drug loops into place to create my drum tracks.....they are still a midi-file. The I have a couple of gtr tracks and a bass track recorded as simple audio tracks.

when I bounce I have the region to bounce setup to start a second or so before the song starts and then I extend it a second or two past the end of the song to ensure that on the cd the song doesnt cut off too quickly.

I dont think I have anything running past the end of the song....I hope I have answered your question sufficiently.

Upvote 0
Can sometimes be caused by a DC offset; I don't know how that creeps into the mix, but if you run the "Remove DC offset" function on your final mix in the Audio Editor, it brings everything back to zero so there's no pop when your speakers revert to center at the end of the file.

Upvote 0
the internal cd burner on my macbook pro....i made another mix last night and when I got ready to burn it I turned off the "normalize" function in the options of the bounce/burn and this time there was no pop.

Upvote 0
the internal cd burner on my macbook pro....i made another mix last night and when I got ready to burn it I turned off the "normalize" function in the options of the bounce/burn and this time there was no pop.

There's generally no good reason to use "normalize" when optimizing your 24 bit audio to 16 bits for CD. Good to hear that the problem is now resolved.

Upvote 0
guys thanks for the help and bad news.....i did another mix last night and the pop was back even with the normalize off....I'm going to try the DC offset suggestion and see if that corrects the problem. I really appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
Back