Logic Pro (X) LP 10.5.1 behaving strangely

sonnykeyes

Logician
Since updating LPX to 10.5.1 I have a problem where I'm working away and suddenly several tracks 'lose' their routing and sound like they're only playing a reverb return signal. I'm not doing anything differently than I ever have, and I've never encountered such a thing before. Does anyone else have this happen, and did you find a solution for how to make it stop?

*****UPDATE EDIT**** Turns out it wasn't LPX at all, it was a flaky headphone connection. Let that be a lesson to you!

Last edited:
Situations like this are kinda funny in hindsight but maddening in the moment.

Yesterday evening, trashing the controller preferences because of odd behavior resulted in some MIDI devices not showing up in the Environment Physical Input object although present in the AudioMIDI Utility and in Snoize. After a few choice words and a couple of restarts, all was back to normal. 10.5.1 is very stable on my aging Mini.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since updating LPX to 10.5.1 I have a problem where I'm working away and suddenly several tracks 'lose' their routing and sound like they're only playing a reverb return signal. I'm not doing anything differently than I ever have, and I've never encountered such a thing before. Does anyone else have this happen, and did you find a solution for how to make it stop?

*****UPDATE EDIT**** Turns out it wasn't LPX at all, it was a flaky headphone connection. Let that be a lesson to you!
Been there done that and have the T shirt

Upvote 0
Back