Logic Pro (X) LPX 10.3 Moving tracks issue

Halorecordings

Logician
Is anyone having issues with moving tracks? I tried to drag a copy to a new audio track using "Option" drag. The track will not copy to the new track, it actually copies to the last audio track.
I also can't move the track to the left or right. It jumps to the end of the track. I can't move it a fraction, a beat, a bar. It just goes to the end of the track.
Is there a way to go back to the previous version? I can't work if I can't move things around.

Thanks

David

I can option drag a track up and down and it makes a copy wherever I drop it. Don't know what you mean about dragging a track left and right. Presumably you mean option dragging a region within a track left and right. If I do that, I get a copy of the region wherever I drop it.

Upvote 0
Is anyone having issues with moving tracks? I tried to drag a copy to a new audio track using "Option" drag. The track will not copy to the new track, it actually copies to the last audio track.
I also can't move the track to the left or right. It jumps to the end of the track. I can't move it a fraction, a beat, a bar. It just goes to the end of the track.
Is there a way to go back to the previous version? I can't work if I can't move things around.

Thanks

David
What are your Snap and Drag settings?

Attachments

• SnapDrag.png
    SnapDrag.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0
This weekend was able to move my tracks left and right, now I can't. I'm not on my computer, but I'm set it up so I can freely move a track to the right or left. I do this to create a doubling affect. I move one track just a fraction to the right and pan it right. The original track i pan to the left. With 10.3. i'm having a hard time doing this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I also created an audio track below my vocal track. I can't option drag the original vocal to the new audio track. I have to copy the track, then place my play head where i want to paste it on the new track. Before 10.3 I just option dragged and dropped.
these are basic move and copy features I've been doing in LPX since it first came out. I can do it in any DAW. 10.3 is making basic edits very annoying. If this doesn't resolve itself, I'll be forced to use Pro Tools 9 on my 10 year old laptop to mix and edit.

Upvote 0
Quick Help is a useful function available in LPX. When it's active, hovering your mouse cursor over the interface updates the Quick Help information box which provides you with the name of the function and some basic information about it.

In the attachment, the yellow arrow is pointing to a MIDI region which can be moved left and right on the track. The green arrow points to the Track Header which can be moved vertically above or below another track.

Based on your information, it sounds like you're describing trying to move regions on tracks or to other tracks. Settings that will affect moving regions include the Snap, Drag, and Nudge settings. Can you indicate what those are set to?

Attachments

• Quick Help.png
    Quick Help.png
    67 KB · Views: 676
Upvote 0
I hope I'm sending you the right screenshot. I have the moving set to tick. You'll notice in the screenshot the blue track. It's the same as the gray track above it. I couldn't Option Drag it. I had to copy it, then paste it on the track below. In the previous version, I had no problems moving tracks or regions. If I sent you the wrong info, let me know what screen to go to.

Thank for you help. I love Logic and I'm sure this is just a minor issue that will be resolved.

Screenshot 2017-01-30 19.24.38.png

Upvote 0
Screenshot 2017-01-30 19.36.48.png
Here's the snap and drag setting. I just dragged a track to a new track and it worked. This has been on and off since 10.3 installed. Not sure why sometimes it works and not others.

Upvote 0
Screenshot 2017-01-30 19.41.12.png
Here I was able to option drag a region to a new track. Couldn't do this yesterday or the day before. Even after rebooting my iMac, couldn't option drag. Why did it work now? I have no idea.

Upvote 0
Your Nudge, Snap, and Drag setting are ok and should allow you to move regions as you wish.

On my system, I can drag regions left or right on a track, and option-drag a copy to another track.

I can't explain why it works sometimes and not others.
If it's working now, hopefully, it will stay that way.

Upvote 0
I also this so very weird problem tonight. Never seen it before. My settings were as shown here. I could go left and right within the track it was recorded on, but no option copy to anywhere else. I ended up creating a new track, then copied the audio, set the marker at the beginning of the new track and pasted, that worked. Feels like a bug, just don't know he circumstances in which it will happen.

Upvote 0
Feels like a bug, just don't know he circumstances in which it will happen.
It could be a bug.
Report it here: Logic Pro X menu (upper left of the screen when Logic is active)>Provide Logic Pro Feedback

Then there's the question of does this occur in all projects or just the current project?
If just the current project, then it may have become corrupt. In this case, open an empty project and then use the Project Import function to import the content/tracks/ etc.of the current project with the bug-like behavior. Hopefully, the issue is resolved. If not, then it's something else. Again, report it to Apple.

Upvote 0
Back