Logic Pro (X) Mackie Control Issues

paulnajar

Logician
Hi All,

I’ve recently transitioned from a Mackie Control + 2 x XT’s and a C4 to a SSL Nucleus and I’ve kept the C4 alongside it.

Both controllers are in their own group.

In my previous setup which I had for many years, when moving v-pots they had this really clever mode/ behaviour where if you moved them slowly the values would change in small steps but if you gave one a big twist the value would jump big steps. Ideal really and required no other settings to be changed ever.

So since changing over to my new controller both the Nucleus and the C4 in a different CS group only seem to change in fine or full mode depending on the setting in Control Surface Setup.

Does anyone know if there are any other parameters I can set that would affect this behaviour. It’s strange that even though the Mackie C4 is in a separate group it is also affected by this as well. Any thoughts guys?

On a related note, the Jog wheel (scrub mode off) on the Nucleus moves in too coarse a setting. The old MCU used to move the playhead one bar per wheel click. The Nucleus moves 4 bars per click - too coarse.

Happily I've answered my own question regarding the V-Pots. The setting that fixed it is in Global Preferences/ Control Surfaces "Resolution of relative Controls" The number was around 2100, I changed that to 105 and I've restored the behaviour I prefer.

Now if I could just figure out a similar control to alter the Jog Wheel behaviour.

Kind regards

Upvote 0
Happily I've answered my own question regarding the V-Pots. The setting that fixed it is in Global Preferences/ Control Surfaces "Resolution of relative Controls" The number was around 2100, I changed that to 105 and I've restored the behaviour I prefer.

Now if I could just figure out a similar control to alter the Jog Wheel behaviour.

Kind regards

In Logic: Preferences > Control surfaces > General > Jog resolution depends on horizontal zoom.
Is that what you're looking for?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my slow response. I didn't get a notification of your post. So yes I am familiar with that setting but it still does not change the behaviour to what I'm used to .

My old Mackie Control would move the playhead 1 bar per wheel click. The SSL Nucleus moves the playhead 4 bars per wheel click. I'm guessing it must just be the rate at which the SSL spits out MIDI controllers:-(

Upvote 0
Back