Logic Studio apps Mainstage 2.1.2 Released

Something in particular for users of Macs with i5 and i7 CPUs to note from the Apple KB:

Important for all MainStage 2 users using computers with i5 or i7 processors

If you are using MainStage 2 on a computer with an i5 or i7 CPU, it is highly recommended that you update to Mac OS X v10.6.5. Mac OS X v10.6.5 contains several kernel level enhancements that improve MainStage performance on these computers.

kind regards

Mark

OK, I just spent two hours playing about with my existing concert and the latest version seems to play as nice as the previous.
I still get apparently random CPU spikes but one thing which has given me cautious optimism is that my Ultrabeat loops continued to work after a CPU spike. In 2.0.1 a CPU spike would render my UB loops silent (although they would still appear to be triggering graphically).
I don't want to count my chickens but this could be a real improvement if it is indeed the case.

We have a rehearsal tomorrow night so I'll get a better idea then.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for update. I've got no gigs requiring MainStage until December so I won't be firing it up much before then. Was curious to see if there was any noticeable improvements. Are you running 10.6.5?

So I moved over to 10.6.x recently on my laptop - hoping with 10.6.5 there might some improvements as well. Again, won't look into this for another week or so. I'll post as well.

Back