Logic Pro 9 Masters Edited and bounced again

Craig Long

I've got some tracks that have been mastered.
I want to take out some of the beginnings and endings of the tracks as they have vocal clips which I want to remove.
Can I import the mastered tracks into Logic 9, chop of the unwanted parts and bounce the edited master out again with it still having the same quality/clarity/loudness etc?
Will the quality change if I bounce it as an mp3 and a wave? (I know what wave will be better quality, but I mean will bouncing the already mastered track as an mp3 again affect the tracks mastering qualities?)
Please let me know asap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

I do not fully undrstand what you mean.

Maybe this helps:
MP3 is a lossy compression, some information gets removed. It's a final format for the appropriate media. For editing you should not import MP3 but rather the original WAV bounces.

Upvote 0
I've got some tracks that have been mastered.
I want to take out some of the beginnings and endings of the tracks as they have vocal clips which I want to remove.
Can I import the mastered tracks into Logic 9, chop of the unwanted parts and bounce the edited master out again with it still having the same quality/clarity/loudness etc?

First of all,it would help to know exactly what you mean by "mastered", the term is usually referring to the process of preparing a stereo mix for pressing on CD or vinyl, but often is used instead of "mixdown". In any case, let's assume it refers to stereo audio files, the question that then has to be asked is, is it WAV, AIF or another format?

Will the quality change if I bounce it as an mp3 and a wave?

As Peter already mentioned, mp3 is a lossy endformat, ideally you will not be doing any further processing to mp3 files

(I know what wave will be better quality, but I mean will bouncing the already mastered track as an mp3 again affect the tracks mastering qualities?)
Please let me know asap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

If you import a wav file into logic, trim it and bounce a wav file from that, any loss of quality will be minimal, all the better if the source file is 24 bit.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
First of all,it would help to know exactly what you mean by "mastered", the term is usually referring to the process of preparing a stereo mix for pressing on CD or vinyl, but often is used instead of "mixdown". In any case, let's assume it refers to stereo audio files, the question that then has to be asked is, is it WAV, AIF or another format?

As Peter already mentioned, mp3 is a lossy endformat, ideally you will not be doing any further processing to mp3 files

If you import a wav file into logic, trim it and bounce a wav file from that, any loss of quality will be minimal, all the better if the source file is 24 bit.

kind regards

Mark

Ok; by mastered I mean the tracks have been sent off to an engineer and sent back fully mastered and ready for distribution.
Hopefully i can explain a little better here:
I'm going to import the wave file of a track into Logic - then trim it - then bounce it back out as an mp3 (no eqing/no compression etc) - literally just trimming the mastered file, then bouncing it back out.
Will this affect the quality of the track if I bounce it back out as a wave? (Will it be the same quality/loudness/eq'ing/etc as the wave I imported into logic before I trimmed it?)

Hopefully that explains a little better :)

Upvote 0
Ok; by mastered I mean the tracks have been sent off to an engineer and sent back fully mastered and ready for distribution.
Hopefully i can explain a little better here:
I'm going to import the wave file of a track into Logic - then trim it - then bounce it back out as an mp3 (no eqing/no compression etc) - literally just trimming the mastered file, then bouncing it back out.
Will this affect the quality of the track if I bounce it back out as a wave? (Will it be the same quality/loudness/eq'ing/etc as the wave I imported into logic before I trimmed it?)

Hopefully that explains a little better :)

I do know that bouncing out as an mp3 is not as good quality as a wave, that's expected.

Upvote 0
Back