Melodyne 5 Studio and Logic X On a new Mac Studio M1

Davetune

Colleagues, Melodyne 5 Studio supposedly runs native without using Rosetta but, I'm finding it to be rather glitchy trying as a native ARA plug in.
If anyone else in the community is using Melodyne 5 on a new Mac M1, I could use some help.
It runs ok when LPX is running in Rosetta mode.
Here's my system
Monterey V 12.4
Mac Studio (2022)
Chip Apple M1 Max
Memory 32 GB

Cheers,
Davetune

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the system details Dave - presumably you are running Logic Pro 10.7.4? I'm still on an intel Mac here, sorry I can't help, hopefully some others will be able to.

kind regards

Mark

CSeye

Logician
Colleagues, Melodyne 5 Studio supposedly runs native without using Rosetta but, I'm finding it to be rather glitchy trying as a native ARA plug in.
If anyone else in the community is using Melodyne 5 on a new Mac M1, I could use some help.
It runs ok when LPX is running in Rosetta mode.
Hello,
Ceremony states: Please note: In Apple Logic Pro, ARA is currently only available when Logic is running under Rosetta. You’ll find more on the subject of Apple Silicon, AU and ARA in our FAQ.

The FAQ page

Disclosure: To date, I have only used M5 Editor ARA in another DAW that lacks native time and pitch correction. My experience with Rosetta vs. M1 Native has been very positive, surprisingly not lacking too much oomph at all.

Davetune

Hello Mark and Cseye,
Mark I am running 10.7.4
Cseye, I'm running the full Studio version and quite frankly I have a lot more to learn about it. As an ARA plug in under rosetta it is quite fast.
I still run Logic with M5 on an Intel MBPro 2016 and it's pretty smooth just takes a while to process things. The Mac Studio M1 is faster even under Rosetta.
I did think it would be helpful to connect with other M5 users to share experience with the program.

Dave