MIDI Drumfiles

I'm totally in love my Superior Drummer2 and would like to add more grooves, especially jazz ones and maybe some more 3/4 and definitely some odd time sigs.

Can the panel:

a) point to some free and pay sources?
b) coach how to get my own grooves into SD2?

tia

peter

EZ Drummer

You can use any of the EZ Drummer expansion packs in Superior Drummer. they are quite good, they have a jazz one, you can use both the samples and the MIDI files...

http://www.toontrack.com/ezx.asp#jazz

These are also not expensive at all for the amount of content you get:

http://imsproav.com/main/TOONTRTT120.html

The Latin one might be useful as well because of the influence of Latin Jazz, Samba and Afro-Cuban Jazz...

Not sure how you import your own grooves into Superior Drummer but I talked to Toontrack and they are sending me auth codes to their software and I'll try to figure it out : )

thx eddie

> EZ Drummer expansion packs in Superior Drummer.
> they are quite good, they have a jazz one, you can use both the samples
> and the MIDI files...

lovely MIDIfiles! :) don;t need the samples, though. I've had my plugin frenzy with the Sonalksis group buy so countin' pennies atm.

> The Latin one might be useful as well because of the influence of Latin Jazz, > Samba and Afro-Cuban Jazz...

yes, I own that one - it's wonderful :)

Let me know if you figure out how to DIY grooves...

cheers

peter

Latin

this was my favorite expansion so far, I like the Funkmasters too...

You know if you have a MIDI file in Logic triggering Superior Drummer it plays it... with a little work you can simply assign MIDI notes to the corresponding drum in Superior Drummer...

Still messing around with this- all of these developers want to send me their software for evaluation and I can't get my work done!!!

You know if you have a MIDI file in Logic triggering Superior Drummer it plays it... with a little work you can simply assign MIDI notes to the corresponding drum in Superior Drummer...
indeed. That's how I've been using SD2 since I bought it, mostly.
I have a pair of laminated sheets taped to my worktop with the drum assignations :)

peter

S=shank, T=tip.
F#0 hh 1/4 S
G0 hh 1/4 T
G#0 hh 3/4 S
A0 hh 3/4 T
F#1 hh closed T
G#1 hh pedal
A#1 hh open T
C2 hh closed S
D2 hh 1/2 T
E2 hh 1/2 S