Logic Pro 9 Midi foot controller for LE9?

WrinklyD

Logician
I'm trying to find a relatively inexpensive foot controller for use with LE9/Amp Designer/Pedal Board. The main use will be to control the transport including recording and switching the pedals and amps of PB and AD whilst recording. I'm considering a Behringer FCB1010 which doesn't have a USB i/o so I'll need and adapter to make it work with my iMac. Anyone tried this unit or does anyone have any other suggestions? By the way I think the Gio is too expensive (and includes an audio interface which I don't need as I already have one that suits me fine). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

No problem. If you get one and need any help setting it up, let me know.

-edit-
Forgot to add, the MF-1 doesn't have USB either. It's MIDI.

And I agree that the Gio is overpriced but it has the Apogee name on it so that adds a few bob to the price right away...

Upvote 0
Hi Robert,
You haven't got experience of the Korg FC6 by any chance have you? I've seen one on Ebay but on checking the manual I'm not sure it'll control LE9 the way I want to control it. That is, it was unclear to me how you programme the midi messages or even if you can programme midi messages with this unit?
Thanks for any help.

Regards
Dave

Upvote 0
So far I know the Behringer FC1010 is the only foot controller for which you can get a Mac software editor. It is a widely used controller, has two pedals and a low price.

Upvote 0
Thanks Peter, that's a good input. Maybe my first thought wasn't so far off the mark! Not being a keyboard/midi person I'm finding it a little hard to work out the best way forward without help.

Regards
Dave

Upvote 0
So far I know the Behringer FC1010 is the only foot controller for which you can get a Mac software editor. It is a widely used controller, has two pedals and a low price.

very true. I was actually looking for one of those when I saw the MF-1.

The MF-1 was very much a second choice but it turned out to be more than enough for my needs. (so far :))

Upvote 0
Back