Logic Pro 9 midi not producing correct pitch

I have a song I started a few months back. It consists of acoustic guitar tuned to A-440, and some apple loops which I may have changed with the pitch on.

I am now wanting to use a midi keyboard to lay down a virtual instrument. Whenever I add a new software instrument track and play a note it is 3 notes higher than it should be ( C is actually E flat).

If I start a new song and add a new software instrument track the virtual instrument is sound the correct pitch ( C = C).

What types of things should I be checking on my project/song where the pitch is incorrect? I can't seem to figure it out. I can use transpose on the track to a correct the pitch problem but that does not seem like the root cause of the problem. :brkwl:

Doug Zangar

Logician
Go to the inspector and check your MIDI Thru and Region parameters. Make sure transpose isn't selected and showing 3 in the value field.

If you changed the pitch of your Apple Loops, did you use the global transpose or chord track? This could be the problem as well.

Doug Zangar

Logician
Welcome, glad that was it.

Please do check out training vids - there are a few free ones to view from each series. if you're at the groove3.com site you'll see Eli has a ton of them on Logic, Scott has a few as well. See what might work for you.