Logic Pro 9 Midi overriding automation

PJStella

Logician
I have (2) notes that the faders on my Mackie pro are moving the volume wildly even though I have automation on. I have gone into the midi list and deleted the midi volume and re-input it with no luck, any thoughts. :brkwl:

You likely have competing automation information. You can (and probably did) add CC7 (Volume) to both track and region automation. That's where the problem occurs.

I have gone into the midi list and deleted the midi volume and re-input it with no luck

Did you do this in the event list? If so, you are editing MIDI velocity, not volume.

If you don't know how to view track and/or region based automation post back.

Upvote 0
I think I know how to view and change track automation, not sure about region but assume its the same. There is typically just a straight line in the automation at the level of the volume when I get the tracks and I don't see any strange up and down volumes on the automation track. The tracks I am using are from Hitrax and are backing tracks for vocals so the midi is, I believe, one region. I have noticed that the tracks have a small white vertical lines where this problem is occurring but I don't know how to change them.

Upvote 0
I had a problem similar to this. The volume on whatever channel was selected in the mixer would jitter up and down. It drove me nuts. I tried everything I could think of to get rid of it.
Finally I realized that the volume slider on my controller (a cheap Keystation) was messed up, so I changed it to control an unused midi channel and the problem was solved.

Upvote 0
Back