Logic Pro 9 MIDI PORT notice!

ncurtis

Logician
The following message appears continually when I'm in logic. It reappears even when I click ' dont show again.' I generally work in logic when unconnected to to a midi device, but when I go up to my studio, I plug in to my saffire interface which has a midi keyboard plugged into it

Device "Logic Control" is assigned to MIDI Port "Session 1" which is not present.

Please ensure that all MIDI interfaces are connected and switched on. If this is the case, please check the MIDI port setting of device "Logic Control". If this is correct, click "Reset All MIDI Drivers" in Preferences > MIDI > General.

Do I 'Reset all midi drivers' or ?????????

Thanks so much
NEil

Device "Logic Control" is assigned to MIDI Port "Session 1" which is not present.

You have a "Logic Control" in your Control Surface setup whose ports are currently not present. Check Logic Pro -> Control Surfaces -> Setup and delete what you don't need or set it to a port that is available.

Or simply accept the message by clicking on the button and speak loudly, "Thank you, dear Logic, don't worry, I know what I am doing." ;)

You can do that, it is less brutal than it sounds. It rebuilds the list of the MIDI ports the Mac can see. Under two circumstances you should not (instantly) reset if you don't have to:

1. When you have some individual cabling on the Physical Input in the Environment. You may have to redo the cabling after the MIDI reset, if some ports vanish.

2. While you run other applications which depend on MIDI ports. These applications may crash.

Upvote 0

You have a "Logic Control" in your Control Surface setup whose ports are currently not present. Check Logic Pro -> Control Surfaces -> Setup and delete what you don't need or set it to a port that is available.

Or simply accept the message by clicking on the button and speak loudly, "Thank you, dear Logic, don't worry, I know what I am doing." ;)

You can do that, it is less brutal than it sounds. It rebuilds the list of the MIDI ports the Mac can see. Under two circumstances you should not (instantly) reset if you don't have to:

1. When you have some individual cabling on the Physical Input in the Environment. You may have to redo the cabling after the MIDI reset, if some ports vanish.

2. While you run other applications which depend on MIDI ports. These applications may crash.

Thanks
When you say 'delete what you don't need' I don't know what I need!!!! theres a picture of a 'logic control' to the right. What next?

Upvote 0
Back