Logic Pro 8 midi to audio

gtrdash

Logician
Ok I feel real dumb at this point , how do I render midi to audio in Logic ? Can I record say Omnisphere to audio live rather then creating a midi track ? I have been looking through the manual for hours and find no mention of either process.I appreciate any help you might give me.......!

Can I record say Omnisphere to audio live rather then creating a midi track ?

Route the Omnisphere Track to a BUS.

Change a stereo Audio Track's input to that same BUS.

Record Arm both the Omnisphere and Audio Track.

Shift-Click to select both these tracks and then you can RECORD.

You'll still be recording the MIDI (no choice, but why not?) but simultaneously recording as audio.

I never do this: I always record as MIDI first, confirm it's OK (maybe editing is needed?), and then render as audio later using Bounce. That render might even happen hours/days/weeks later when I actually need it to happen.

Upvote 0
Thank You both ! I just moved to Mac from PC and was using Reaper which allows you to do either or with no pain . Sometimes I like to go right to audio especially with simple parts
when an edit is usually not necessary . It may take me a while to think in Logic terms but the upgrade is a very big positive so I shouldn't complain . Thanks again ! ed

Upvote 0
Thanks Ferenc, you are quite right of course.

I must admit to never having felt the need to do this, but of course it IS possible as you describe it :)

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back