missing apple loops

johnthompson

Logician
Thanks. I get a message saying "IMPORTANT: if you were subscribed to any specific forums, you will now need to resubscribe ("watch") these forums". For weeks I have been trying to find out how to do this. There is no apparent place on the page or other pages where I can do it. I used to use the logic 9 forum, and it was very helpful, but I am stuck.

john thompson
thompsjc@gmail.com

Thanks. I get a message saying "IMPORTANT: if you were subscribed to any specific forums, you will now need to resubscribe ("watch") these forums". For weeks I have been trying to find out how to do this. There is no apparent place on the page or other pages where I can do it. I used to use the logic 9 forum, and it was very helpful, but I am stuck.

john thompson
thompsjc@gmail.com

It is the "watch forum" link at the top of the forum or subforum

watch.png

Last edited:
Thanks and sorry but there is no link saying "watched". There is one saying "watched forums", but it just brings up a box and a statement that I have no watched forums with a go button that does nothing for me and no apparent place to re-subscribe to a forum. I apologize for taking more of your time on this; t I have advanced glaucoma and it is very difficult finding stuff on forums like this.

You are talking about the "Watched Forums" Link in the navigation bar. If you have no watched forums that will be empty.

To subscribe to a forum (or thread) you go to the forum (or thread) and look at the top for "Watch forum" (as shown in my screenshot above, the mousepointer is pointing at the text - I have now outlined in red to make it a bit more obvious)

Once you click on that you get a box asking how you want notifications etc. Once you have chosen an option, you are subscribed.

I saw no screen shot either in the page of your last reply or in the email I got. I still cannot navigate to the "watch forum" link you describe. I have tried this from both Firefox and Safari.

I saw no screen shot either in the page of your last reply or in the email I got. I still cannot navigate to the "watch forum" link you describe. I have tried this from both Firefox and Safari.

I'm a bit confused and I have no idea what is going on here.

Are you saying you cannot see the screenshot in post #6 above? Is anyone else having this problem?

http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/threads/missing-apple-loops.10191/#post-50751

I have checked in all browsers (logged in and logged out) and I can see the screenshot.

But I don't know what you mean by email, if you mean a forum notification email, then there would be no images in that, it's purely a notification of a post.

Yes, I do not expect to see it in the email notification of the post, but I do not see it in this thread. Is there some icon or link I look for? There is clearly no screenshot visible. At the very top I see only a bunch of logo pictures, then come the ribbons, then the notice to resubscribe , then the string texts appear. Maybe you could just tell me how, step-by-step to resubscribe to the logic 9 users forum after I sign in, because this is just not working for me.

I'm a bit lost now because I don't know what you mean by ribbons or string texts. (BTW, the notice can be dismissed with the X in the top right corner)

To watch the Logic 9 Forum:

• Click on the Forum tab in the navigtaion bar.
  • You see a list of forums, one of which is Previous Logic Versions
  • Click on that to see the subforums of the older Logic versions
  • You should see Logic 9
  • Click on that and you will see the list of threads in that forum (this is one of them)
  • Underneath the Forum name (Logic 9), but above the list of threads, on the right you should see Watch Forum.

I am attaching the screenshot from post #6 again to this post here:

watch-png.1568

Thanks. I now see the screen shot from within my newly watched logic 9 forum.
Great news!

I still don't understand how you couldn't t see the screenshot before though. The act of watching a forum or thread does not affect any viewing permissions. :huh:

Strange. It might have to do with settings on my mac At one point I felt the need after eye surgery to set all the default displays very large, and I have not yet figured out how to undo that. Sometimes there are things that do not appear as they should because of that. However, I had not changed anything twixt recent and past posts from yourself.

Back