Logic Pro 9 Mono/Stereo channel change in 9.1.3.?

pfloyd714714

Logician
I'm sure I'm just an idiot, but can someone explain this? I create a new project (completely new--not from an old autoload). I tell Logic to create for me 10 new stereo audio tracks. What is, in fact, created is visible in Picture #1. There are 10 channel strips, but the odd numbered strips are mono, and the even numbered are, well, I don't know what they are.

So I go about clicking the mono button to turn them into stereo. This results in Picture #2. In this case I'm left with a bunch of useless channel strips. The really maddening thing is that if I create Track 18 as mono but later decide that it needs to be stereo, it will "steal" Track 19. Really irritating if Track 19 already has plugs etc. inserted. All that info simply vanishes and is not recoverable by an "undo."

I didn't see this behavior in Logic 8. What won't the thing just create stereo tracks when I ask? Any thoughts?

Jim

PS: My signature may say Logic 8.02, but I just upgraded to 9.1.3 a few days ago.
 

Attachments

  • Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 41

pfloyd714714

Logician
I realized that the pics I uploaded are mighty small. I'm uploading another hopefully larger pair, but the text in audio 2, 4, 6, 8, & 10 reads "controlled by stereo object 'Audio 1-2.'"

Jim
 

Attachments

  • Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0

pfloyd714714

Logician
Thanks for the reply, Tatsuo.

Yeah, the UTM was checked. Throwing caution to the wind, I just trashed the Logic Pro preferences files in my user library, restarted the machine, clicked my heels three times, opened Logic and........everything was back to normal. Perhaps I should have done this right after upgrading, since that's when the problem started.

In any event, Logic is back to being as logical as it's every been.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Top