Multi-channel, simultaneous recording from a USB Mixer into Logic (HELP!)

Sneeks

Hey everyone,

I'm new and have a specific question which may or may not have been answered before... basically I have a few instruments plugged into separate channels on my Yamaha USB Mixer. What I'd like to be able to do is plug it into Logic and then be able to have each instrument end up recorded on its own separate audio-channel in Logic.

Is this possible, and if so, could someone please explain to me how, or point me in the direction of a tutorial that can tell me how?

I would be ETERNALLY grateful!

Thanks,

Alex

We have no idea what Yamaha USB mixer you have or how it is set up with Logic. So it's going to be nearly impossible for us to give you an answer on how to set up a comprehensive multi-track workflow...

Main this is this: does the driver for the usb mixer allow the recording of individual tracks, or does it just record the stereo mix buss? If you open up "audio/midi setup" in your utilities folder, you should be able to see how many channels the USB mixer has available to the system, and that will give you a pretty good idea if it will allow you to record multiple tracks or not.

Open Audio midi setup, and select the driver for the USB mixer... how many channels do you see available?

Ok I looked at Audio/Midi in utilities and it only has 2 channels... damn. Guess I need a better mixer. Recommendations? Cheaper the better...

Back