Logic Pro X Multiple Stave Display Styles in one Sheet

paulnajar

Logician
Apart from regular production duties I use Logic to create mainly lead sheets for iPad display when performing live. Most of the time a typical pop song fits onto on pdf page and I would love this to continue.

Occasionally I would like to notate 4 bars on a piano stave and then the rest of the chart just be a treble clef single stave but I can't find a way to dispay multiple stave styles in one line. Even if the 4 bar piano stave is only a 4 bar region and then another region starts on a different track in the following bar Logic seems to want to display empty piano stave bars for the rest of the tune.

Is this kind of thing possible?

Thanks in advance

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Occasionally I would like to notate 4 bars on a piano stave and then the rest of the chart just be a treble clef single stave but I can't find a way to dispay multiple stave styles in one line.
I do this all the time (will find some examples).

It should be no problem whatsoever.

What I would do is have everything on the same track, but just split off the 4 bars of piano staff into a separate region (in place in the same track) and assign in that region the piano (or whatever) staff style you want.

Obviously it will look best if the 4 bars starts on a separate line and ends at the right margin, and you can use the layout tool to do that.

I would not try to do this by using more than one track, that will complicate things, but if you find that convenient, you can switch off the display of empty bars that show before/after an isolated region (untick fill gaps in Project Settings > Score > Global

paulnajar

Logician
Thanks for your reply Pete.

Yes after I posted this question I stumbled onto the same solution you mention of putting multiple regions on the same track with different score styles as required for each. The one issue I ran into was the fill gaps issue you so cleverly mention. Totally fixed!

I can't believe I've been wanting to ask this question for years and kept forgetting.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards