Logic Pro 9 Muting

Mockliam

Logician
Is it possible to mute a section of a region while I am comping it? I'm trying to arrange a song and I don't need everything of a particular take. I don't want to delete the unused sections in case I need them later so muting them would be the best option. Using automation works but it's time consuming. Can't find anything in help files except how to mute whole regions. :brkwl:

Select region, press "m", done.

The thing is, you HAVE to cut the part into a region, or it won't work ;-)

The only other way I can think to do this is to make a blank region, then make a take folder, and swipe the parts you don't want to hear with the silence.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to mute a section of a region while I am comping it? I'm trying to arrange a song and I don't need everything of a particular take. I don't want to delete the unused sections in case I need them later so muting them would be the best option. Using automation works but it's time consuming. Can't find anything in help files except how to mute whole regions. :brkwl:

Hmmm. Are you truly comping in a Takefolder?

Then no, you can't mute anything but the Takefolder itself.

What if you export a comp - doesn't matter which one - to a new track, silence that in Sample Editor, and then add it to your Takefolder?

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Back