• Welcome to Logic Users Group V2.0.4

We have a few new features and changes See here

New Logic tech note

thanks for that note.

Frustrating to not have simple ability to send to mono outputs in Logic. Why do they have that limitation?

For workaround, I had been using the channel Sends to send at unity gain to mono channels on my ULN2 with 2D (and having the Output > No Output). Have to turn off Universal Track mode for that to work. I got in the habit of using this system.

But your technique appears superior way to get around Logic's insistence on Stereo Outputs, once you've set up a template. It is pretty easy to use the above system on the fly though.

One question though, since you're using I/O objects, say on Ch 1, if there is audio coming out of FW 1 on the MIO wouldn't that be piped in, for potential nasty feedback loops?

thanks for that note.

Frustrating to not have simple ability to send to mono outputs in Logic. Why do they have that limitation?
You're welcome! I have no idea why this is the way it is; I know plenty of people dislike it, while it doesn't bother others.

For workaround, I had been using the channel Sends to send at unity gain to mono channels on my ULN2 with 2D (and having the Output > No Output). Have to turn off Universal Track mode for that to work. I got in the habit of using this system.
I used to do the same thing.

But your technique appears superior way to get around Logic's insistence on Stereo Outputs, once you've set up a template. It is pretty easy to use the above system on the fly though.[/QUOTE]
Yes, both do the trick. There are a lot of users that want the functionality of a true mono output so we offered this tip.

One question though, since you're using I/O objects, say on Ch 1, if there is audio coming out of FW 1 on the MIO wouldn't that be piped in, for potential nasty feedback loops?
Yes, you always have to watch for loops.

Best,
Allen