New MH User: Small Problem

pjl

Logician
Hi,

I just bought a 2882 (with 2d card but not +DSP) and everything is working very well with a couple of small exceptions so I'd appreciate some advice.

1. Whenever I try to use the character plugin "01-California Vocal Box" I get an error dialog telling me that the plugin is not licensed. I thought all 22 character plugins were licensed with the 2d card. The other 21 all work fine.

2. When using the MIO mixer with Logic through Console Connect, error dialogs, such as in point 1 above, always appear behind the Logic window (and the MIO windows) and are thus not immediately visible. Also, when I do finally get to the dialog it can't be dismissed (the OK button does nothing) and the only way forward is to close Logic. This is happening with Logic 8 & 9 (and also Garage Band).

Any ideas?

Otherwise I'm very impressed with the 2882.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,
1. This is a known issue that is being looked at.
2. This is due to limitations of the OS's window manager. The workaround is to go into MIO Console's preferences and put ConsoleConnect in "conduit only" mode. After restarting the program, MIO Console will run as a separate program instead of as a plug-in.

Back