Logic Pro 8 Newby help

JonHob

Logician
Hi all.

I'm very new here and have had my MBP for a week now and just MAX'd the RAM to 4gb. I have always used Cubase so Logic Pro 8 is proving to be a total nightmare for me at the moment. Does anyone know of some free "on line" tutorial videos I can watch other than Apple's own?

I will be pestering you all on a regular basis for help and advice. One thing I would like to know for now is how do I get Logic to jump back to the start of a recording when I press stop? I found this very useful on Cubase.

Many thanks in advance of you needed help.

Jon

Now that is what I call on the ball. Thanks very much Mark!
Hi Mark,

I also have made the recent jump from Cubase to Logic, and am loving it, even though Logic does the same things as Cubase but in what at first seem to be weirdly different ways. Stick with it, and I am sure you will come to love it also.

Cheers,

John

Upvote 0
Hi all.

I'm very new here and have had my MBP for a week now and just MAX'd the RAM to 4gb. I have always used Cubase so Logic Pro 8 is proving to be a total nightmare for me at the moment. Does anyone know of some free "on line" tutorial videos I can watch other than Apple's own?

I will be pestering you all on a regular basis for help and advice. One thing I would like to know for now is how do I get Logic to jump back to the start of a recording when I press stop? I found this very useful on Cubase.

Many thanks in advance of you needed help.

Jon
I unfortunately directed you to you tube with the wrong name to search for -look for Logic ninja.
good luck,David

Upvote 0
Hi Jon,

I know they're not free - which is what you originally asked for - but if you want to get up to speed with the basics quickly, check out the Logic 8 Explained videos here:

http://www.grooveboxmusic.com/str/logic-8-explained.html

Disclaimer: I am the author of these. But this isn't just a cheap sales pitch - I honestly think they would serve you well based on the type of question you asked....

Upvote 0
Thanks for all you advice. I'm now going through the Logic Ninja (Turtle) videos which are great. Eli, I'm thinking of ordering your videos too!

Upvote 0
Back