Logic Pro (X) no sound on a track, don't know why

edurbrow

Logician
I've been using Logic for three years and I still manage to get myself into jams that I cannot figure out. I don't see why my Lead Vocal track is not playing. I've

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 11.57.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 11.57.06 PM.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 144
Looks like maybe something else is solo'd. Or maybe the button for soloing regions is pressed and nothing is selected for soloing.

Upvote 0
Looks like maybe something else is solo'd. Or maybe the button for soloing regions is pressed and nothing is selected for soloing.

Is there a special button for soloing regions? I only know the button in the track header, the Inspector and S on the QWERTY keyboard. All tracks seem to be playing but the lead vocal. When I solo it, I hear nothing. It is assigned to Stereo Out just like all the other tracks, the automation is not zero. Obviously, I just hit something by accident, but I have no idea what.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 8.10.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 8.10.32 PM.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0
edurbrow; Is there a special button for soloing regions? I only know the button in the track header said:
There is a Solo button in the Control Bar, but it's not visible in your setup, according to the screenshot.

But now that I see a bigger picture, I think it may be the Power button. Press Option T to call up the configure track header window. Enable the On/Off button by ticking it's checkbox. It's the first one in the Buttons section of the window.

You will now have a little power button in the track headers, on the left. Check that it is in the "on" state. It's possible that, even though it wasn't previously visible in the track header, you may have inadvertently toggled it's status by key command.

Upvote 0
Suddenly, I'm having the same problem only the channel is on. I have a customer here patiently waiting. I cannot figure this out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-14 at 3.44.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-14 at 3.44.13 PM.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
From that screenshot, the signal is clearly reaching Logic's output. It looks to me like the problem is after Logic. Maybe in the outboard monitoring somewhere?

Upvote 0
From that screenshot, the signal is clearly reaching Logic's output. It looks to me like the problem is after Logic. Maybe in the outboard monitoring somewhere?

Sorry Eli,
I should have been clearer. I meant no sound on one track. Another track was outputting sound.
I closed and reopened Logic X and that cured it.

Upvote 0
Back