Logic Pro 9 Noise reduction from AWFUL recording

JamieNE

Hello one and all,

Okay, here goes.

I work as a voice over artist and don't often have to deal with things like this, hence why I'm here asking for some help.

I've been sent a recording that is to be used in a video. They've asked if I can "clean it up" for them so that it can be put back onto the video and away they go.
The trouble is...the recordings have taken place in 4...yes FOUR different roomy rooms, not even booths or anywhere with a soft surface. Boxy, roomy rooms. (Incidentally, I think Boxy Roomy Rooms would be my burlesque name)

I don't know if there is anything I can do with it? I can be told how to do something and I'll do it. I'm pretty savvy like that. But I just don't know where to start with this one.
My friend has asked that I clean it up and try to make them all sound the same... or as close as I can get them.

I only use Logic 9 and, because of the nature of my job, don't really use any external plugins, if that makes sense.

Essentially, I'm asking for some help. ANY productive advice would be much appreciated. I've attached the MP3 of the raw audio for you to listen to and laugh at, should you so wish.

Also, if this is in the wrong place, I'm really sorry. Do please move it or tell me where to move it to?

Thank you in advance.
Jamie

Attachments

• Awful recording clean up.mp3.zip
    967.3 KB · Views: 170
You can try with Logic's Enveloper plugin. Experiment with time and level reduction of the audio tail (right slope). Your milage will vary, depending on the type of signal and reverb.

Upvote 0
Hi and thank you both very much.

The Deverberate helped a lot, as did the Enveloper. As with all this stuff, it just takes a lot of time to get it right.

Thank you both so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
J

Upvote 0
Back