Logic Pro 8 Notation Problem

DefiesLogic

Logician
I have a note that will not lengthen in the score - I have lengthened it on the piano roll but the score note will not budge - anyone else experience this?
workarounds?

Uncheck this two options:

20090319-mhent6gr7e6rfrxhw552124jft.jpg

Upvote 0
That worked - Thanks - and you got back so fast! it does mean some extra editing is now
needed but gee that was baffling until you came along - good on you

Upvote 0
I was going to suggest the same thing - but, as you said, Peter was very quick on this one. The only reason I am posting at all here is to say that I like the fact we can now add graphics to our posts.

After all the recent discussion about the advantages/disadvantages of the new format, I for one am trying to learn how to use the Forum and take advantage of the things it can do. I found this post on the RSS feed, which is a totally new concept for me - and I would just like to ask Peter how he added the little menu (complete with shadow)?

Blair

Upvote 0
I would just like to ask Peter how he added the little menu (complete with shadow)?

Blair

Hi Blair

Have a look at www.skitch.com. You can upload pictures there without cost, using a truly ingenious program, and easily embed them in your messages here, the necessary syntax is:

url]

You can do that easily by using the "insert image" icon, second from the right above the text body, it will prompt you to enter a URL for your image.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Thanks Mark

I have just signed on to skitch.com. I seem to have an account now but don't see an obvious link to the program - but I am sure it is probably right in front of my eyes. I look forward to trying it out.

OK - they have just sent me a link to download the program. Another plus for the web forum - you can edit stupid posts ;)

Cheers

Blair

Upvote 0
how to move note from treble to bass cleff?

Scoring: I'd like to move a middle C from the treble to the bass clef but not all the time. How do I do this?

Upvote 0
In the score - go to Attributes/Voice Staff Assignment menu. You can choose to put any note in the staff above or below where it currently is showing.

Blair

Upvote 0
still not right

Yeah, I've tried that but although I get it to appear in the staff below, I can't get the old rest in the lower staff to go away ...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've tried that but although I get it to appear in the staff below, I can't get the old rest in the lower staff to go away ...

Which answer are you replying to, the note attributes or polyphonic staff styles? (tip: please use quotes so we can help you better! :) )

Upvote 0
Hi

Perhaps you can explain your problem in a bit more detail? Did you try the polyphonic staff styles? There is a voice separation tool that can separate your music into different voices, but you need to make sure your treble and bass clefs are assigned to different MIDI channels to get this to work.

Blair

Upvote 0
Hi

Perhaps you can explain your problem in a bit more detail? Did you try the polyphonic staff styles?

Yes, it sounds to me like you need to look into polyphonic styles for a more comprehensive handling of note/staff placement.

I would recommend reading that section of the manual, then come back here to clear up any further queries.

EDIT also I really would recommend that you quote relevant sections of the post you are replying to so we know.

Upvote 0
Back