Legacy Apps Old Logic Environment demo that played 'Popcorn'

This is going way back into the mists of time…!

There used to be a demo song bundled with (Emagic?) Logic that played the whole of the track 'Popcorn' by feeding a single note from a midi track into a bunch of delays and transformers and stuff in the Environment. Anybody remember that? Does it still exist? Does it still work? Or does someone maybe have a video of it?

Thanks!

fuzzfilth

Logician
I have to admit that I have fond memories of it, if just for shits and giggles. That must have been Logic 1.something, around 1993. The author was Kurt Hofmann.

Upvote 0
Ah, ok! I'm glad at least someone remembers it, I was starting to think I'd made it up in my own head! I'd be super interested in resurrecting that in some form.

Upvote 0

fuzzfilth

Logician
If someone has ported that through the Logic versions, then yes, this might still work. But Logic's file format has changed several times in the past 30 years, so you would not be able to open the original project, or song as it was called back then, on your current Logic version.

Upvote 0
Hmm… I guess I could try to get hold of something like the old Performa 475 I used to have, plus install disks and a dongle… that's quite a project, not sure if I have the energy! Or, I did recently see someone running some *very* old PPC audio software on this emulator The Official SheepShaver Home Page – but I'd still need install disks and a dongle… hmm…

Upvote 0

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
@Ted: If you have the original Popcorn Demo, I can try opening it in Logic 7, no idea if that will work but perhaps worth a try, if you are able to upload it?

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0