Old Plugins

Love I

Logician
I have a few plugins on my old MacBook Pro that was running 10.6.8 and I never updated the OS and everything was fine the way my daws was working. I was using waves ssl bundle, superior drummer and melodyne and a few others. The computer is no longer working and I've ordered a new 15" i7 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz quad core with a 512 flash drive and Logic Pro X. Question is, can I update my plugins to the new computer running LPX or will I have to buy them again?

You can use your plugins on the new computer. Most of them need to get re-registered either with the serial number or by another process. Some plugins may be bound to the old computer hardware, but all manufacturers have methods to solve this problem.

Peter 1 more question for you if you don't mind. Under your response, it shows your computer specs. How can I set that up on my profile?

This is called "Signature".

At the top of the page, right under the big picture, you see your name in the menu bar. Click on it, this brings you to your "Personal Details". Under "Settings" you see "Signature", click on it and enter and format the text as you like.

Back