Logic Pro 9 Omnishere & Logic 9

kcmoore

Logician
I'm looking at purchasing Omnisphere, and I wonder if any users can enlighten me as to it's performance within Logic 9.

Any feedback on Omnishere as an instrument would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Keith.

PS I've also posted this with the Apple Discussions forum.

I'm using Omnisphere with Logic 9 and there are no issues.

As far as it's value as an instrument, it's a really wonderful synthesizer! It's got a HUGE sound library though, I think 50GB, so make sure you have the disk space!

Orren

Upvote 0
I don't have Logic 9 yet, but I can definitely recommend Omnisphere. It's the most inspiring instrument I have seen or heard for many years. The sounds are awesome and the user interface is superb. Endless possibilities.....
And no, I don't work for Spectrasonics. ;)

Upvote 0
Omnisphere working great in Logic 8 ! A very demanding Synth so the more power you have, the better it will sing.....I love and own all their software ...

Upvote 0
I haven't been using Omnisphere that long, but can say that first of all, it seems fine here in Logic 9, and secondly, it is one amazing soft synth, I am very impressed with it.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
I can agree on all the above: amazing plugin, new approach, very CPU and RAM intensive.

BUT, it still has bugs with Logic.
The PlugIn Preset in Logic is not fully supported. and results in weird issues.
When you save a sound with Logic's PlugIn Preset , Omnisphere will turn on stacks and the first four parts for no apparent reasons

Spectrasonics is so convinced about the greatness of their build in sound management that it seems that they don't care much to make sure that it plays well with Logic's great sound management system.

It got to the point where I caught Omnisphere "red handed", when I opened a project from a few days ago and it sounded different. When I compared it with the mix and the bounced tracks I found that the sound had actually changed or not saved properly.

So better right your patch names down (Track Notes in L9 not a moment too soon) and keep a close eye on it, especially in complex mix situations.

Upvote 0
Just to echo that it is a great sounding synth.

I too have found an annoying bug in Omnisphere in that it will not allow you to type in a name for a new patch (but you can copy and paste)! I have not had any of the issues raised above though.

Upvote 0
Back